kioti dk40se will not turn over

/ kioti dk40se will not turn over #1  

jaroban

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti dk40se
First I must say I have not figured out how to change my profile. I have a kioti dk40se with around 60 hours. This is a shuttle shift with a loader. This tractor is stored in a insulated building with cement floor. I have not started it for about three weeks. I went to start it and only get a loud click from the start stop solenoid. I switched the start and stop relays on the fire wall, pulled the ground cable off both ends and cleaned well (it was not dirty). Battery is new with 12.6 vdc.I then pulled the start stop (ss) solenoid out while holding in my hand I cycled the ignition key. The solenoid worked as I think it should. key on plunger out. key off plunger in. There is no safety seat switch on this tractor. The pto is off and the green natural light is on. After going through these steps I tried to jump at the starter.With the key in the on position. When I go from the red positive from the battery to the small red wire all I get is a spark. When I go from the battery positive wire to the other black wire the Bendix spins but the starter does not engage the tractor will not turn over. I have read through hundreds of post and have not found the answer I need. I have a shop manual ordered it should be here early next week. I purchased some more of the relays that are mounted on the firewall. I have not installed them as of yet. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance Robby

/ kioti dk40se will not turn over
I just looked at all of the connectors under the left foot. One was real bad only two wires one red 12 v and a ground. I cut out the connector and used wire nuts. still have the same problem. Robby

/ kioti dk40se will not turn over #3  
You removed the starter solenoid to view the plunger engage and disengagement? If this coil still works properly, and I understand you correctly, it sounds as though the linkage from the starter solenoid to the bendix may be mechanically stuck and could be physically freed up. Also, If you had the solenoid opened up, how did the contact surfaces look inside?

I did not remove the starter solenoid. I only removed the start stop solenoid. The one that makes the loud click when you turn the ignition. It is located in front of the fuel injectors. just above the oil filter. Robby

/ kioti dk40se will not turn over #5  
oh i thought you meant the starter mounted solenoid. But I do feel your issue may be the starter solenoid from the information here.

I will try and pull the starter today and see if the starter solenoid has an issue. Thanks for the advice. Robby

I checked the small wire from the ignition. Had power there when key was turned to the start position. I then pulled the starter off of the tractor. This starter was the most filthy motor I have ever seen. The solenoid would not even move. I pulled the solenoid off cleaned it up to where it would function. Then tackled the starter. The seal on the back of the starter was half on. I cleaned all the gunk out of it as well. I put it back together without the seals. The solenoid would function perfectly. However the starter would not spin with the gear in the forward position. I need a new starter. Do I have to buy from Kioti? Is there a cross to something else?

/ kioti dk40se will not turn over #8  
I checked the small wire from the ignition. Had power there when key was turned to the start position. I then pulled the starter off of the tractor. This starter was the most filthy motor I have ever seen. The solenoid would not even move. I pulled the solenoid off cleaned it up to where it would function. Then tackled the starter. The seal on the back of the starter was half on. I cleaned all the gunk out of it as well. I put it back together without the seals. The solenoid would function perfectly. However the starter would not spin with the gear in the forward position. I need a new starter. Do I have to buy from Kioti? Is there a cross to something else?

Nolts Power Equip wants $596 for a new factory starter (part# E5500-63016). This price is par for the course for any tractor starter of this size. Other places online i see have aftermaket ones for much cheaper, but we do get what we pay for here. It may be worth taking the starter to a local repair shop that rebuilds starters first. Perhaps they can get you fixed up for a decent price, instead of buying a new/ref one. I have had luck with this.

That is my plan for tomorrow.

Thanks for your response (xcgreen)