Kioti DK45 v's LG 4940 (both with loaders)

/ Kioti DK45 v's LG 4940 (both with loaders)
Re: Kioti DK45 v\'s LG 4940 (both with loaders)

Hi John, I think so.

4/4 with high & low = 8/8
Then it has a separate creeper shift to double the 8/8!

Buzz

/ Kioti DK45 v's LG 4940 (both with loaders) #12  

Hi Buzz,

I know what the 4940 specs out here as and know what the standard features are on them here. The LG has wet multi disc brakes, 3 on each side. The braking system on the LG has far superior system and capacity over the single disc system.

Here they have two sets of rear remotes standard, I don't know about in your area. The electric/hydraulic PTO is a nice standard feature. You can choose to run the PTO in manual or independent with the switch on the dash. The added weight of the LG is nice as it would see to be about 10% heavier than the Daedong.

The engine compartment is easy to access for quick service. I don't know if the Daedong has the one piece hood or multiple piece but the hood on the LG will open and has a little cylinder on it that allows it to hold open and when you close it just push down gently and it will lock right into place with no need to align, turn locks etc.

How is the deck space on both? I believe the LG will be very pleasing, very roomy. I don't know about the Daedong but any info you may be able to give is great.

Don't know what loader they use over there so I can't comment on that. Here is one thing to ask. The LG hydraulic pump rating is separate of the pump for the hydrostatic steering. They do not combine the two to get a spec. the LG has two separate pumps on them. See if the Daedong has one or two.

In any case both are good tractors, both are comparable in price so I would really drive both and then decide which one fits you the best.

Best Regards,
Maka

/ Kioti DK45 v's LG 4940 (both with loaders) #13  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Here is one thing to ask. The LG hydraulic pump rating is separate of the pump for the hydrostatic steering. They do not combine the two to get a spec. the LG has two separate pumps on them. See if the Daedong has one or two. )</font>
The DK45 has two pumps. 9.9gpm and 4.3gpm on the steering.
John

G'day Maka, I'm back off to Perth on Monday so I'll take & post some picks of some of the Ozzie LG's including the N47.

Best regards Buzz.

/ Kioti DK45 v's LG 4940 (both with loaders) #15  

Have a safe trip and look forward to seeing the pictures.

Maka

Hi guys, I just wanted to correct a spec that I miss quoted before as the brochure & the website do differ slightly.
I wrote that the N47 was 49HP (website) but the brochure says 47HP and the dealer confirmed this.

At this stage I thought that I might put together a list of lead points for both of the tractors as I see it which of course is only as I see it!.
DK45 & the LG/N47.

Name-LG/N47 only because the Kioti's are just called Daedongs here in Oz. It just doesn't sound real cool does it! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
HP-LG by 1
Steering construct & design-LG/N47 (Heavier built rams & located behind the axels)
Turning circle-DK45
Brakes-On the Australian specs for the Kioti it reads "Large oil cooled multi disc" so I guess they are the same.
TPL design-DK45 (by far)
TPL Hydraulics operation & vol/per/min-DK45
TPL lift capacity-LG/N47
Seat comfort-DK45 (has back adjustment)
Engines-DK45 (only slighty because they are their own engine) I like both engines on thier own separate merits, but Daedong do make thier own so they get it, but only slightly!
Mirror position-LG/N47 (by far)
Fuel tank position-DK45
Fuel tank capacity-LG/N47
Gears & shiting-toss a coin, but LG/N47 has 16/16 to DK45 12/12.
(DK45 has a top speed that is 30% higher though)(DK45 is also more even between changes from 3rd-4th) (Not as wide)
Engine access & Hood construct-LG/N47
Dash & instrumentation layout & construct-LG/N47, (but I do like the steering ajustment on the Kioti)
Clutch feel-LG/N47
Clutch lock-DK45 N/A on LG/N47
Foot accelerator-LG/N47
Cast iron finish-DK45
Weight-LG/N47
Floor in cockpit-DK45
Ground clearance-LG/N47
PTO operation-DK45 (also has electric on/off at rear)
Folding ROPS-DK45, N/A on LG/N47
Loader (in Australia)-DK45. (LG loader (in Australia) has poor rollback 35 degrees DK45 v's 24 degrees N47)

I feel good on both tractors.

I'd like to add that in each instance where each has the wood on the other (as I see it) it is in most cases only marginal.
So this is what makes it a particularly hard choice.
I believe that either tractor will serve me well and will also fulfill or exceed all of my needs.

It's a tough one & it may simply come down to a "gut feel" at crunch time.

Buzz /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Kioti DK45 v's LG 4940 (both with loaders) #17  

Thanks Buzz. The models you have differ a bit from here. The LG Montana here has folding ROPS, 49hp and some other changes.

At this point since they are so closely matched in spec and price I would go with the dealer you feel most comfortable will give you the best service down the line.

Let each dealer know where you are at and see which one will do that extra to give you the assurance that they will do what it takes to have and keep your business both now and in the future.

I think that the LG and the Daedong will serve you well and it may just boil down to dealer.

Best of luck!

Maka

Thanks again Maka, I feel that both local dealers here would look after me well so unless one really screws something up big time or tries to pull one over on me then I guess I'm back to the last look & play on Monday & the gut feel again.

Kind regards,
Buzz.

/ Kioti DK45 v's LG 4940 (both with loaders) #19  

Best of luck Buzz. I am sure that whatever you decide will be the right tractor for you. Look forward to seeing some pictures of the new tractor and take care.

Maka

Thanks Maka, I'm very grateful for this forum & for your and everyones feedback, advice & help in this whole decision making process.

Buzz