kioti dk45s jumping out of gear

/ kioti dk45s jumping out of gear #21  
We have replace several shift forks in the DK45s over the years...That in my opinion is just a Band-Aid....
The last 2 I did I fixed it right!! Of coarse that again is just my opinion.
The problem that I seen with the set up is, the shaft coming from the forward/reverse lever down through the steering column is way to long without any type of brace near the lower part of the column.
If you take and move the lever forward and back you will see the flexing in the shaft.
This will allow you to over shift it bending the shift fork.

We made mount and installed a bearing on the lower part of the shaft. Replace the bend fork with new and never heard back from either customer.
And by the way the one customer lives less than 2 miles from my store. He is a commercial user. So the machine really gets worked.
One last thing..Yes you can change the shift fork with out splitting the machine.
IMAG0003.jpg

/ kioti dk45s jumping out of gear #22  
I didn't buy it new, it was out of warranty when I bought it. I bought a kioti instead of a kubota because I paid 17k for a dk50c with a backhoe. Thanks for the help on the shift fork. It is a long shaft. Obviously the setup isn't good from the factory, and unfortunate they didn't come up with said bearing fix which makes a lot of sense.

I used napa premium heavy duty tractor hydro transmission oil. Dealer said that was fine. Foaming has been occurring since change.

/ kioti dk45s jumping out of gear #23  
Thanks Wallace.

Its always good to hear from you.

I'll wait until it gets a little warmer and try to implement your solution before I bend the forks.

Thanks.

/ kioti dk45s jumping out of gear #24  
I didn't buy it new, it was out of warranty when I bought it. I bought a kioti instead of a kubota because I paid 17k for a dk50c with a backhoe. Thanks for the help on the shift fork. It is a long shaft. Obviously the setup isn't good from the factory, and unfortunate they didn't come up with said bearing fix which makes a lot of sense.

I used napa premium heavy duty tractor hydro transmission oil. Dealer said that was fine. Foaming has been occurring since change.

Glad for you and the OP who originally posted this thread that Wallace chimed in with a solution to the issue.
? Did you use an OEM Kioti hydraulic filter or something else?

/ kioti dk45s jumping out of gear #25  
Anyone have instructions on how to get to said fork and replace?

I used a factory Kioti Filter - I have a hose which I think is a low pressure hose, but it disappears on both ends into a web of stuff, I will have to take a picture, but it is always wet, I thought maybe it was a low pressure return hose or something, and maybe that is where I am getting air.

I don't know if it is related, but sometimes if I am not moving at all, and mostly when at either lock, but the hydraulic steering seems to bind and make it nearly impossible to turn the wheel, at which point you have to creep forward or back (always when you really are trying to place say a 2000lb step or something and don't want to move an inch the wrong way) obviously it is worse with a load over the front end but it is sort of a hassle.

Thanks for the help.

/ kioti dk45s jumping out of gear #26  
logmaster said:
I HAVE A 2008 THAT STARTED POPPING OUT OF FORWARD GEAR WITH LESS TAN 100 HRS.
DEALER TOLD ME MY LOT OF TRACTORS HAD BAD BATCH OF SHIFTING FORKS AND WOULD REPLACE MINE.
NEW SHIFTING FORK WAS DONE WITH 450 HRS ON TRACTOR. NOW WITH 725 HRS ON DK45S ITS POPPING OUT AGINE
AND DEALER & KIOTI TELL ME IM OUT OF LUCK AND WILL HAVE TO PAY TO FIX? ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM ???????????
THIS TRACTOR IS MY 2 KIOTI TRACTOR I HAVE A 3054 AND IT IS ALSO MY LAST. LOGMASTER

This isn't exactly the same problem but does involve shifter forks/rails on my end.

Originally Posted by landedakiotih
dose anyone have a hard time getting there dk40se hst from N in to L,M,H like you have to strong arm it in only 6hrs on it.

reply by RJJR
Yes, I had same problem and eventually the shifter rail failed @ 49 hours. tractor had to be broken in half to fix it. I was told Kioti has some problems with the shifter and they put a stronger rail back in. Apparently it has grooves that can wallow out. They did mention how the design makes it hard to stay lubricated but the new part is designed different to help. They put it in under warranty though.

/ kioti dk45s jumping out of gear
hi logmaster here, call John Park Lancaster NH 866-885-7710 if the shifting fork has never been replaced even if its out of warrenty they should replace for free. i have the same problem with the shudle shifter mine had alot of movement up and down.
there is a rubber cover down by the clutch (remove) put in forward and shot off, take a hose clamp and attach around shaft.
that will make it shift easser poor set up i think

/ kioti dk45s jumping out of gear #28  
Sooo...

Long story short:

Badly worn shift fork
Missing shift Keys
Worn Syncros

Both shift forks for 1-4 were also worn as well, binding up in there and not really sitting in neutral well...

That being said pulled everything apart, put it back together, clips that hold clutch fork popped off when trying to install clutch linkage,

Pulled cab off, broke tractor apart again, same thing seemingly happened, the clutch rod seemed too long, adjusted it all the way to shortest, and well somehow in all that we seemingly popped those **** clips that hold the clutch fork onto the collar off again

Loosing my mind, really looking forward to a tractor working again, but I don't know how to get this clutch up and working properly, and scared of breaking the tractor apart any more times and losing my mind.

PLEASE HELP!!!

/ kioti dk45s jumping out of gear #29  
I realize this is an old post but I wanted to add my comments now 6/2015. I started having this problem (Shuttle shift popping out of gear when loading the transmission, I.E. Taking off in second gear, scooping a load of dirt out of a pile while in gear, etc.) I am sure there will continue to be those who will search for an explanation of what is happening to their tractor just like I did. I was grateful to find the information I needed right here and felt inclined to add the additional part information and a cost estimate from the dealer.
I purchased A used DK45S with 389Hrs on it, I now have 790 hrs on it and had the shuttle shift fork repair job done at Ellisville Tractor in MS, they did a great job, it feels better than when I got it. They removed the steering column to gain access to the cover where the fork is located. They replaced the fork, (was worn probably 1/32nd on each side as describe in other posts) shifting arm, fork rod and several other small pieces. While in the area, they also adjusted the clutch. If you let that go too long without adjusting it, you will be splitting the tractor for a new one. I like to fix my own stuff to save money but this job was too technical for my skill set so I decided to get it done right the first time and spend $512.58 to have it done. BTW, your back will appreciate having someone else do it. Here is the parts list, see below. They charged 4 Hrs at $85/Labor Hr ($340) and $117.70 for parts and the remainder was bobo charges (Tax, shop supplies, environmental fee, etc) I asked the mechanic about the job, he confirmed the replacement fork is a little beefier than the original and the reason he put in the other parts is, "It didn't cost that much to have the assurance the other parts were not also bent or worn", I agreed.

T4620-22163 Fork Rod $25.95
04811-00090 O-Ring $1.00
T4620-22153 Shuttle Shift Fork $56.95
07715-01605 Ball $1.00
62331-18532 Spring Stopper $2.95
T4624-22121 Shift Arm $21.95
0481100160 O-Ring $1.95
T4624-22221 Packing V $5.95

/ kioti dk45s jumping out of gear #30  
This thread may be somewhat stale, but you've added valuable info to help others fix their Kiotis, and that is very useful. Than you for doing so and if not already welcomed to TBN, Welcome to TBN. Keep contributing useful data like that for all to see!:thumbsup:

Thanks,

CM