Kioti DK55C, Is there a 180-190 degree thermostat That replaces original 160 degree

/ Kioti DK55C, Is there a 180-190 degree thermostat That replaces original 160 degree #1  

carmen101

Tractor
Kioti DK55C
I have a 2007 DK55C with a bucket in front and in the winter, a 84 inch snowblower attachment in the rear. This tractor was bought from a dealer in Penrose , Colorado. I live in Larkspur, Colorado. At a much higher elevation and much colder climate. This tractor as run cold since I got it. The reading has always been between the first dot and the line by the C.
It snowed and I needed to clean the driveway. Started the tractor and started blowing snow. The temperature outside was about 5 degrees above zero. I noticed the temperature reading did not get much past the C on the gauge and was not getting much warm air. The cutoff valve allowing water from the radiator, was open. Following day, I called my local Kioti dealer (not the one I purchased from since he is no longer sells Kioti tractors). This dealer is 60 miles from my house, but the nearest to me. I explained my situation and asked them if they had a 192 degree thermostat for my tractor. Did not have one in stock but would order. I paid. It arrived. I went to pick the thermostat up because I had other questions about my tractor and drove home. Next day opened the package and found a 160 degree thermostat same as the original. I called them and told them this is not what I ordered or wanted. Their reply was" that this thermostat is the only one that Kioti lists". I am keeping it just in case.

I needed to change my antifreeze . I drained the antifreeze after picking up the thermostat. I disconnected the hose that goes to the thermostat housing and looked inside. The thermostat was closed as it should be since the engine was cold. I removed the temperature sending unit and using very very fine sandpaper, cleaned the unit and reinstalled. I reinstalled the hose. I filled, ran and drained with clean water about 5 times. Still had some rust. I used Prestone 10 minute flush and clean water and ran as per instructions. I filled, ran and drained with clean water about 2-3 times. All was good. I filled with a 50/50 antifreeze solution and ran until the gauge was at its normal level. The dealer's suggestion is to put cardboard in front of the lower half of the radiator to get more heat inside the cab.

My question, is there an aftermarket 180-190 degree thermostat that will fit my tractor ?

/ Kioti DK55C, Is there a 180-190 degree thermostat That replaces original 160 degree #2  
I have a 2007 DK55C with a bucket in front and in the winter, a 84 inch snowblower attachment in the rear. This tractor was bought from a dealer in Penrose , Colorado. I live in Larkspur, Colorado. At a much higher elevation and much colder climate. This tractor as run cold since I got it. The reading has always been between the first dot and the line by the C.
It snowed and I needed to clean the driveway. Started the tractor and started blowing snow. The temperature outside was about 5 degrees above zero. I noticed the temperature reading did not get much past the C on the gauge and was not getting much warm air. The cutoff valve allowing water from the radiator, was open. Following day, I called my local Kioti dealer (not the one I purchased from since he is no longer sells Kioti tractors). This dealer is 60 miles from my house, but the nearest to me. I explained my situation and asked them if they had a 192 degree thermostat for my tractor. Did not have one in stock but would order. I paid. It arrived. I went to pick the thermostat up because I had other questions about my tractor and drove home. Next day opened the package and found a 160 degree thermostat same as the original. I called them and told them this is not what I ordered or wanted. Their reply was" that this thermostat is the only one that Kioti lists". I am keeping it just in case.

I needed to change my antifreeze . I drained the antifreeze after picking up the thermostat. I disconnected the hose that goes to the thermostat housing and looked inside. The thermostat was closed as it should be since the engine was cold. I removed the temperature sending unit and using very very fine sandpaper, cleaned the unit and reinstalled. I reinstalled the hose. I filled, ran and drained with clean water about 5 times. Still had some rust. I used Prestone 10 minute flush and clean water and ran as per instructions. I filled, ran and drained with clean water about 2-3 times. All was good. I filled with a 50/50 antifreeze solution and ran until the gauge was at its normal level. The dealer's suggestion is to put cardboard in front of the lower half of the radiator to get more heat inside the cab.

My question, is there an aftermarket 180-190 degree thermostat that will fit my tractor ?

Erictheoricle did this to his 6010. Do a search on TBN. Try this thread http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-buying-pricing/315694-my-nx6010.html

/ Kioti DK55C, Is there a 180-190 degree thermostat That replaces original 160 degree
Thanks for the link. I read up to the pages that he discussed the thermostat problem. Since his is a NX6010, it has a different thermostat than mine.
I did a search as you suggested and found a couple entries that discussed the DK55 thermostat problem and one of the gave me the information I was looking for.
Thanks again.

/ Kioti DK55C, Is there a 180-190 degree thermostat That replaces original 160 degree #4  
No problem glad I can help.