Kioti Insurance

/ Kioti Insurance #1  

comancheflight

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510HC
My tractor is covered by my homeowners policy with the usual limitations.
I noticed there is an insurance company that specifically insures Kubota and everyone speaks highly of them and they cover a lot of circumstances.
Do we have so something like that for our Kiotis ?

/ Kioti Insurance #2  
No. Not that I've ever heard of. That insurance is mostly for those financing through Kubota's own finance branch/ affiliate.

/ Kioti Insurance
reading the forums they insure any Kubota tractor. New or used and everyone claims great coverage and price.

/ Kioti Insurance #4  
reading the forums they insure any Kubota tractor. New or used and everyone claims great coverage and price.

I talked them into insuring my Kioti. They said because I was a former loyal Kubota owner and had their insurance they would insure my Kioti, so I took out the policy.

/ Kioti Insurance #5  
I talked them into insuring my Kioti. They said because I was a former loyal Kubota owner and had their insurance they would insure my Kioti, so I took out the policy.

You are lucky, I tried but I'm not a former owner as my 10 days did not count. What was the cost of that James?

/ Kioti Insurance #6  
Nothing specifically for Kioti, but my homeowners will cover really anything with the tractor, as long as it's on the property. As I don't really ever take it off the property, no issues there. Not sure what the deal is if I transported it, but since I currently don't have a trailer big enough to do that, not an issue either.

/ Kioti Insurance #7  
You are lucky, I tried but I'm not a former owner as my 10 days did not count. What was the cost of that James?

I am not sure Murph, the wife pays all the bills.

/ Kioti Insurance #8  
I am not sure Murph, the wife pays all the bills.

I guess it don't matter as I can't get it anywho. Would be good to have as they have some great coverage I've read.

One never knows when one decides to give the tractor a bath in the pond.:p

/ Kioti Insurance #9  
Nothing specifically for Kioti, but my homeowners will cover really anything with the tractor, as long as it's on the property. As I don't really ever take it off the property, no issues there. Not sure what the deal is if I transported it, but since I currently don't have a trailer big enough to do that, not an issue either.

Tony, yours sounds like an unusual homeowner's policy. You might want to double-check with your agent, or customer service, about some specific scenarios that ordinarily are not covered by such policies. Don't know what your property or policy is like, so none of this might apply to you, but here are some examples:

1. You are driving your tractor on your property and back into a hidden stump, or low retaining wall, or over a snow-covered rocky outcropping. It severely damages your link arms and lift arms, or tears up your transmission or transfer case. Are you covered?

2. You are pushing snow on your property and you slide over an embankment and overturn.

3. You are moving a large pile of No. 3 construction stone. You scoop a full load, then curl and lift the bucket at the same time you are backing up, looking over your shoulder. The bucket raises to full height while you're distracted, dumping half the load on your tractor, destroying the hood.

4. You are mowing the dam of your pond and earth breaks away, dumping the tractor into the water.

5. A pizza delivery truck gets stuck in the mud and, good sport that you are, you try to pull it out with your tractor so the driver won't have to call a tow truck. The strap/cable/chain breaks loose and the truck slides into (pick one): (a) that pond, (b) a Mercedes owned by a member of your wife's book club, (c) a neighbor's curious youngster standing where he shouldn't have been.

6. You are plowing snow at night at the head of your driveway abutting the county road. As you turn, your new, super-bright LED off-road light bar blinds an oncoming driver momentarily. She brakes, spins out and goes into the ditch in her $50,000 SUV.

These scenarios all occur while your are on your property, but they also involve operating a motorized vehicle. Unless you have a farm policy, or an inland marine policy with casualty and liability coverage that specifically lists your tractor, you may not be covered for the losses and liability. Plus, if you have a separate umbrella liability policy, that may not cover you either, for the same reason. Equally frustrating is that some companies that offer homeowner's coverage don't offer a farm policy or inland marine coverage, or, if they do in some areas of the country, may not where we live. FWIW.

/ Kioti Insurance #10  
Tony, yours sounds like an unusual homeowner's policy. You might want to double-check with your agent, or customer service, about some specific scenarios that ordinarily are not covered by such policies. Don't know what your property or policy is like, so none of this might apply to you, but here are some examples:

1. You are driving your tractor on your property and back into a hidden stump, or low retaining wall, or over a snow-covered rocky outcropping. It severely damages your link arms and lift arms, or tears up your transmission or transfer case. Are you covered?

2. You are pushing snow on your property and you slide over an embankment and overturn.

3. You are moving a large pile of No. 3 construction stone. You scoop a full load, then curl and lift the bucket at the same time you are backing up, looking over your shoulder. The bucket raises to full height while you're distracted, dumping half the load on your tractor, destroying the hood.

4. You are mowing the dam of your pond and earth breaks away, dumping the tractor into the water.

5. A pizza delivery truck gets stuck in the mud and, good sport that you are, you try to pull it out with your tractor so the driver won't have to call a tow truck. The strap/cable/chain breaks loose and the truck slides into (pick one): (a) that pond, (b) a Mercedes owned by a member of your wife's book club, (c) a neighbor's curious youngster standing where he shouldn't have been.

6. You are plowing snow at night at the head of your driveway abutting the county road. As you turn, your new, super-bright LED off-road light bar blinds an oncoming driver momentarily. She brakes, spins out and goes into the ditch in her $50,000 SUV.

These scenarios all occur while your are on your property, but they also involve operating a motorized vehicle. Unless you have a farm policy, or an inland marine policy with casualty and liability coverage that specifically lists your tractor, you may not be covered for the losses and liability. Plus, if you have a separate umbrella liability policy, that may not cover you either, for the same reason. Equally frustrating is that some companies that offer homeowner's coverage don't offer a farm policy or inland marine coverage, or, if they do in some areas of the country, may not where we live. FWIW.

I can't discount any of your scenarios, they could all happen, but I will say you have a darn good imagination.:)