kioti lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / kioti lawsuit #31  
"If you want to turn this debate between Kubota vs. Kioti into an intellectual battle between us, I'll take that challenge any day."

Sorry - but I refuse to enter into a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent.

/ kioti lawsuit #32  
I bought my tractor to use, not to trade, so I was concerned about the quality of its construction, not the ever-changing level of public perception. I predict that before too long, the differences in resale value between Kioti and Kubota will be negligible. If you plan on selling it on a shorter time frame, then you’d best buy what John Q. Public thinks is the most valuable, regardless of how good it is. Take a look at the Newbies on this board – many of them start out looking at Kubota (as I did), but then many of them know nothing about tractors at that point. They look at Kubota first because they recognize the name, not because they know it to be superior. Don’t forget that you have to buy that resale value up front, and frankly it’s a lousy investment. Beyond that, the resale values that get tossed about here are all dealer trade-in numbers, and as such are severely distorted. If I could have found a couple year old LK3054 for the kind of discount that Messick and others quote (and he does this on the Mahindra board too in order to promote the Kubotas he sells), I would have snapped it up in a heartbeat.

Kubota makes a quality product, but I look at the posts there too. They have the same kinds of quality problems as everyone else, from lousy paint to sticking HST controls and rough engines. Since I was concerned less with the dollar value of the tractor than I was with its worth as a machine, I evaluated the quality of its design and manufacture, which is something I know a bit about. It is top notch, and I have had no problems with mine at all. Had I settled for the Kubota that I very nearly bought for the same price, I would have been sorely disappointed.

I’m glad you like the Kubotas you buy. By the time I bought my Kioti, I would have bought it at the SAME price, as I believe it had more features at equal or better quality. It won't be long until the price and resale values reflect this fact.

/ kioti lawsuit #33  
Dargo,

I think your views regarding quality of tractors and cars are primary based on brand names, You have not made one constructive comment on products that have cheaper retail prices than another, I therefore believe your views are based on snob value only, as we all know (those that are intelligent) that you don't necessarily get what you pay for, very often you pay simply for the name /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ kioti lawsuit #34  
Everyone needs to relax! This is supposed to be fun!

I'm a fan of both Kubota and Kioti, both have their strong points, I'd personally like to do some mixing and matching of features to get the ideal tractor.

I'm an impartial third party but the Kioti folk do get uptight a little easy. Its not hard when people drop in here time to time and drop disparaging remarks about their tractors. Same as how some of the BX crowd get (not on TBN)!

I used to get uptight too when people would poke fun at my Suzuki Samurai. I learned to enjoy it for myself and not worry what others thought about it.

/ kioti lawsuit #35  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Everybody has made wrong decisions in their life, it is how they learn and adapt from those decisions that demonstrate the true academic acumen of those who purport to have acutely sophisticated mental and linguistic talents. )</font>

This kinda stuff is what I was talking about. The attitude here is that if you did not buy a Kioti you made the wrong choice. There are defenders of other brands but not to the extent that happens here. I am not pointing fingers, I can be as guilty as the next guy. You can label me as a "Kubotaite" but remeber that I also sell New Holland and deal with a multitude of machines on a day to day basis. I don't hide that fact and it certianly brings me critism that is not always due (although at times it is).

The approach that myself, and everyone else should be taking is that the right tractor is the one that suits YOU best and not the one recomended by any of these forums. Pricing is totaly regional and not one machine fits every person best, listening to you guys you would never know that. If that leads a person to a Kioti and they are happy with it good for them, if it leads them elsewhere they should not be insulted for that either.

In reguards to my "anemic" comments, you will find that I also backed Bob Surka in his feels about the LA402, a loader that I sell.

The enviroment around here stinks... end rant.

/ kioti lawsuit #36  
I think this thread has reached the end of its useful life.

/ kioti lawsuit #37  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I used to get uptight too when people would poke fun at my Suzuki Samurai )</font>

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gifWhen people used to ask me about ours, or poke fun at it, I'd just tell them, "It ain't much of a car, but it's a great toy." /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif We only kept ours long enough to put 45k miles on it and the only thing I spent on it, other than gas, oil, and filters was a new battery just before we sold it. And the only reason we sold it was because we were taking off to wander around the country in a fifth-wheel trailer towed by a one ton truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.