Kioti Lessons Learned Web Site

/ Kioti Lessons Learned Web Site #1  

ritcheyvs

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45S
Hey Pack

Kioti Machine suggested we create a sticky post to address commonly-recurring no-start problems with our tractors. I suggested we create a web page (linked in a sticky) to facilitate ongoing maintenance and organization of information. I can do this but I don't have the time to make it pretty. So here's a start: Kioti Information Site

If anyone wants to generate an article to be added to this site, send me a PM (private massage). If there is a particularly-good post on TBN (or elsewhere) that addresses an issue in a general sense, nominate it to me in a PM. I will try to keep the index (home) page organized and logical.

The TBN posts are great but they have two problems as general help: first, it's hard to find what you need because they tend to address specific issues vs providing general guidance; second, you frequently need to dig through many pages of trial-and-error suggestions, off-topic discussion, and false leads to get to the final resolution. I'm hoping this web-page approach can be more useful to folks needing common, general information. If anyone with actual web skills wants to help make it pretty, that would be great too.

As a final note, this is hosted on my home NAS, which goes to sleep during periods of inactivity. So it may be slow to respond initially if it's asleep. Cheers.

/ Kioti Lessons Learned Web Site #2  
good idea... an organized catalog of known issues and appropriate work-arounds or fixes might create more concern/action from Kioti corporate as well.

/ Kioti Lessons Learned Web Site #3  
Great idea. Although, I bet kioti won't let it stand? Ken Sweet

/ Kioti Lessons Learned Web Site #4  
a big thing to volunteer for. I appreciate your efforts.

Another topic for the page would the cracked loader issue: what models/years and how remedied.
Others would be connector waterproofing and add-on work lights, adjusting level indicator, fuel gauge issues, auxiliary cooler problem and fix, joy stick ball valve repair, adding auxiliary hydraulics (1 and 2), brake/clutch adjustment, KiotiKab install.....

/ Kioti Lessons Learned Web Site #5  
Ritcheyvs;

Great idea. Thanks.
The Kioti Injector Pump Tutorial by Bernty is fantastic. Perhaps you could include it.

2881neches.com/kioti/

/ Kioti Lessons Learned Web Site
Adding to my original post --

1. Why am I doing this? There are gobs of super Kioti information on this site but it's not always easy to find it. Titles/subjects are often misleading. Often, people piggyback on someone else's thread creating big chunks of irrelevant information or good information that you'll never find because it's off topic. There are often long sections where the owner or another poster discussed the wrong fix that didn't work. Sometimes the final solution is in a different thread or never given. And so forth. My hope is to distill our collective experience into one place where it's easy to find and keep updated as we learn more.

2. Photos! Many of us can sit down and generate text on this issue or that one. We may even find or generate diagrams to illustrate. But I doubt any of us want to disassemble part of out tractors just to take photos to illustrate a DIY article. For example, right now I wish I had photos of the inside of the ignition switch to explain how it works and how to disassemble it; but I didn't take any when I did the job three years ago. There are already many great photos on TBN but (as stated above) finding them isn't easy. So this is a plea for folks doing repairs to whip out the old cell phone and take photos to document the insides of tractor stuff. Also, if you have or know of good existing photos on TBN, PM me and I'll try to work them into web articles when appropriate.

3. Authors? I fleshed-out a bit more on the home page but most of these topics are just place-holders that will link to an article at some future date. If you think of additional topics that should be there, PM me. If you are willing to develop an article on any of the topics, PM me. If you think an existing article needs to be edited, PM me and I'll coordinate it with the original author.

4. Scope: This project could grow without bound. So for now, I'd like to limit it to (a) Tutorials, (b) Known Issues, (c) Diagnosing Starting Problems, and (4) Upgrades. It has become clear to me that the section on Starting Problems will need to reference Tutorials and Known Problems frequently because they are so closely connected.

Happy seat time.
Scott

Last edited:
   / Kioti Lessons Learned Web Site #8  
Awesome Ritchey, you're off to a great start. Please keep us updated as new info appears. Thanks for doing this.

/ Kioti Lessons Learned Web Site #9  
All electrical problems check main connectors very thoroughly .these connectors are problematic and seem to get or have corrosion .Double and triple check them image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

/ Kioti Lessons Learned Web Site #10  
I'm psyched to get the data we need to one organized place for reference, where those looking for answers to common questions/solutions/facts can be steered rather than everyone's time being wasted fielding answers to the same issues over and over.
This will enhance the 'Team Kioti' approach to our already useful TBN forums, and hopefully provide our members with even more ways to make their Kioti be the best, most reliable tractor on planet Earth!:thumbsup::D

Thanks Scott.