Kioti LK3054 4WD diesel not running

/ Kioti LK3054 4WD diesel not running #11  
Just my opinion. I would have replaced / cleaned the filter 1 st. About the hyd. pump locking up the engine .I don't think replacing the hyd. pump would have caused it. But, I don't know how the pump installs on your tractor. I think the seller is telling you he is through with it. I wish you the best ......but........

/ Kioti LK3054 4WD diesel not running #12  
Hope you get this resolved. It sounds to me that it's a "bait and switch" scam. Some things stick out from your explaination. 1. Pictures show new'ish tractor. 2. "Red flag" $4000. 3. "Red Flag "32 hours" and the biggy when seller shows up saying "I think it has more hours on it than I thought" (paraphrase). I believe the seller "knew" the tractor was a piece of junk and cobbled together a "If it seems to good to be true it probably is" story. Unfortunately I've seen this to many times.

Anyway you've gotten off to a good start by filing a complaint with e-bay. File a negative response to the seller (even if the new policy on e-bay is that you can't). At a cost to you of more than $4000 dollars get advice from an attorney. It seems this seller is in California also so sueing/court etc. shouldn't be a major problem. It's a shame that there are people out there that all they can think about is taking advantage of others. It sure wasn't like this in my younger days.

Last but not least good luck and I hope you get all of your hard earned money back from this guy.

/ Kioti LK3054 4WD diesel not running #13  
Sorry to hear of your debacle, Teri. Many people are at the mercy of
unscrupulous mechanics these days. If you were up North here, I would
look at your machine gratis.

First, at $4000, that is very cheap if it has a loader. Cheap with no
loader. Given its condition, not such a good deal. I guess it had no loader
or you would have seen the hydraulic problems right away.

If a new hyd pump is installed incorrectly, you can get "hydraulic lock" which
will keep your engine from turning at all. Try disconnecting both lines
from the pump, then crank the engine. Be prepared for fluid to come out
of the lines, but there will not be any pressure if you disconnect BOTH lines.

I tired to look up your sale on Ebay, but I can not get completed listings
from before the beginning of June. Since the seller charged tax, he must
be a dealer....I would suggest small claims court if he does not pay up.
There IS a reputable Ebay tractor seller in San Diego I know of....I hope
it is not him.

/ Kioti LK3054 4WD diesel not running
Thanks for all replies.

dfkrug, "hydraulic lock" is what I suppose the seller is talking about. I am attaching a picture of the pump. Could you identify which two "lines" I should disconnect? The mechanic did not remove any hoses when he replaced the pump, so how could he have installed it incorrectly?

By the way, this seller is not in San Diego. I finally received a response from him on ebay today in the dispute console, and he contends he listed the ad properly with 32 hours because that is what the hour meter in fact read. No mention that he knew it had more than 32 hours. He also contends the mechanic damaged the tractor and I am just going after him instead of the mechanic. I replied and will await his reply.

RWolf, FYI, the new policy on ebay is that the buyer can in fact leave bad feedback, but the seller cannot reciprocate with bad feedback as revenge. I think this is a nice change to policy.

Teri

Attachments

• pump pic.jpg
    pump pic.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 426
   / Kioti LK3054 4WD diesel not running #15  
Teri said:
dfkrug, "hydraulic lock" is what I suppose the seller is talking about. I am attaching a picture of the pump. Could you identify which two "lines" I should disconnect? The mechanic did not remove any hoses when he replaced the pump, so how could he have installed it incorrectly?

The last is a good question, and I am not familiar with your tractor.
Anything that blocks the pressure port of the pump can result in the pump
trying to compress the hydraulic oil. The result is something breaks, or
the engine will not turn over at all.

/ Kioti LK3054 4WD diesel not running #16  
The blue colored metal tube that is in front of the pump that curves up and bolts on top of the pump is the high pressure line. The orange flexible tube that attaches by hose clamp to the front bottom of the filter unit is the suction (or return) line. Those are the two lines in question and you can try loosening them. You never want to "run" a tractor with no oil running through the pump but I do not feel it would damage the pump if you loosen the lines to relieve any pressure then "bump" the key to see if the engine will turn freely with the lines loose. It may spit a little oil when you loosen the lines and/or turn the engine over so you may want to put a bucket or other catch device under the pump when you try this.
Good luck and keep us advised as to what happens.

/ Kioti LK3054 4WD diesel not running #17  
Teri,
Please call me

/ Kioti LK3054 4WD diesel not running #18  
Teri,
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
Makes me wonder if the dealer and sellers are brothers or in collusion? Are they both near you and each other? Some people who treat ladies like that just need an attitude adjustment. That happens to my wife all the time and I am sick of it. OK, so you accepted that tractor but it was obviously not anything like the advertisement represented. I hope your claim is granted and at least get your money back. Where are you located in San Bernardino county? (It is big)

BTW, loosening the filter should be like cracking the suction line, right guys? If it hasn't been changed it needs that anyway. If it was me, I would have checked the oil level first, then the hyd filter, then the 3pt linkage to see if it's operating correctly (not bent or something), then check the pump for flow. Heck, could be the mechanic left the "O" rings out of the high pressure line or something?
And what was the reason for it running on 2 cylinders instead of all 3? Did they tell you?

/ Kioti LK3054 4WD diesel not running
Just wanted to post an update on my tractor saga. Got a bit sidetracked as I've been in the process of setting up a house on my land.

I had a guy installing a septic system over here and he was very tractor savvy, so he took a look at the tractor and actually got it running again. One of the battery cables was loose! He also had the hydraulics working for just a bit. But they stopped again. He drove the tractor around, then said there was definitely something wrong with the engine and it probably needed to be rebuilt. He said the pump was installed correctly and there was enough hydraulic oil. But obviously the pump was a waste of money since it didn't make a difference.

Unfortunately, my time ran out on ebay and I wasn't able to leave bad feedback on the seller. The seller and I debated on the ebay dispute console for a couple of weeks and his story started changing. Now he contends that he didn't know the hour meter was stuck until a week after he placed the ad. The tractor is obviously old so this is hard to believe. He is also now saying he told me a number of times before I paid that the meter could be off. This is not true and very depressing that he is saying this. I had the last word on the ebay console, he stopped replying and has obviously wiped his hands of the deal, so I reported him to the ebay Trust and Safety board, although I don't think they will do much.

3RRL, the seller and Kioti dealer don't know each other. Actually, the Kioti dealer lent me a demo tractor and let me and my contractor put 8 hours on it at no charge. He hasn't billed me for the pump yet, though I'm sure he will soon. I asked if he could take it back and he said he couldn't return it since it had been installed. It is crazy, though, that he installed the pump and then left me stranded with the tractor not working and without even installing the filter he brought over here.

Also, the Kioti dealer just said he could tell the tractor was running on 2 cylinders by the way it sounded, so not sure what that even means!

RWolf, this wasn't a "bait and switch" although that would make this easier. The pictures just looked much better on ebay than the tractor looked in person. You can tell it is the same tractor, though.

Bottom line, the seller has no intention of refunding my money and taking back the tractor, so I've decided to take him to small claims court, based on fraudulently advertising that the tractor only had 32 hours on the engine.

Thanks again for all your input. I certainly appreciate your help and I'll let you know what happens in court!

/ Kioti LK3054 4WD diesel not running #20  
GOOD FOR YOU, I hope you get every dime back. What he did is LIE TO YOU and he should be held acountable.