Kioti LK3054 hydraulic pump rebuild

/ Kioti LK3054 hydraulic pump rebuild #1  

jimlk3045

I've got a 1998 LK3054 that the fel was slow this morning, so i took the pump apart and it looks fine even though aluminum housing but there's a rubber seal inside that's broken. According to my local dealer there are no parts available for the pump, so they want me to replace the pump for a $5 piece of rubber. Does anyone know where i can get parts for the pump?

Thanks,
Jim

/ Kioti LK3054 hydraulic pump rebuild #2  
I cracked the AL case on my Mitsubishi's pump years ago and had to buy a new pump. I kept all the parts from the old one and I remember the main reason was because the "Oring" type seal that was between the case halves was shaped so unusually I knew I'd kick myself if I had to replace the whole pump because of an unusual $5 seal someday in the future.

Mine was a Kayaba brand pump. I have since seen Kayaba gear pump parts advertised online but never looked to see if the seal was available. See if your pump is stamped with the brand/model and try pursuing parts from the manufacturer or its dealers. I also always wondered (hoped) if I ever ran into an issue like that, I'd be able to find a seal ( Oring in my case) the exact same length/diameter and "form" it to sit in the machined seal seat. If this is some other type of seal, measure it and see if you can find a "generic" somewhere. I also read on Silicone Sealants and Old O'Rings that a lot of people repair their seals with silicone and even though they call it a "crappy repair" it often works......just have to be careful and somewhat lucky.

Last edited:
   / Kioti LK3054 hydraulic pump rebuild
It's a goofy looking thing as shown below. Pump is made by Nihon Spindle and i think it's a RG2 series... found the following seals which i think will fit from Whitehouse Products LLC in the UK. I'll let you know if these are the correct seals.

View attachment 372980

/ Kioti LK3054 hydraulic pump rebuild #4  
Those are the pressure side loading seals and may or may not be available as spare parts.

/ Kioti LK3054 hydraulic pump rebuild
Success!

For anyone else not interested in taking the kioti shaft, the seal kit is available from whitehouse products llc in the uk.
Part number: 5N2/39801NISA01 SEAL KIT TO SUIT PAA66RD268