Kioti LK3054 Tiller Size

/ Kioti LK3054 Tiller Size #1  

nolan3387

Tractor
Kioti LK3054
I am looking at getting a tiller for foodplots. I have a 2003 Kioti LK3054. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with a 5ft tiller vs a 6ft tiller? Just wanted to see if the 6 ft was too big for the tractor. Ideally I would like a 6 ft just because of the size, but also want it to be functional for the tractor.

Thanks

/ Kioti LK3054 Tiller Size #2  
5ft, nothing worse than being under powered, you need at least 5 hp. per ft at pto. I earned from experience.

/ Kioti LK3054 Tiller Size #3  
It appears that 5' will more than cover your tractor width, so I would go with a 5' tiller.
My 5' tiller ran well behind my previous Kubota L3410, which was slightly more hp. In our clay soil, tillers can be a demanding implement.

/ Kioti LK3054 Tiller Size
Thank you both for the replies, I really appreciate it! Before I posted I was thinking 6ft just because it was bigger, but I am glad I asked.

/ Kioti LK3054 Tiller Size #5  
I had 5 ft, in nh I was spitting rocks out the side of basketballs. Be sure to have good slip clutch!

/ Kioti LK3054 Tiller Size #6  
I am looking at getting a tiller for foodplots. I have a 2003 Kioti LK3054. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with a 5ft tiller vs a 6ft tiller? Just wanted to see if the 6 ft was too big for the tractor. Ideally I would like a 6 ft just because of the size, but also want it to be functional for the tractor.

Thanks
I ran 5 foot Italian made 1995 circa tiller behind mine it is heavy duty had to adjust out PTO shaft to short length. The other gentleman is correct you get five foot running max depth it consumes horse power. Always found running 4wd drive kept unit from pushing tractor. Depends what direction you purchase for tiller CCW or CW. No issues with CW Direction. Tractor handles tiller well.