Kioti loader actual lift capacity

/ Kioti loader actual lift capacity #11  
The weight "at the pins" I assume is with no bucket or forks etc. The sheetrock is also laying on its side away from the pins and thus heavier... Maybe a small shelf under the pins and the rock vertical...it may have done it.

/ Kioti loader actual lift capacity #12  
ALSO, any machine I ever ran had different lifting capacity based on temperature of oil. So, be safe. Go with the @pin rating and divide by two. It's never nice running equipment at maximum values. Sure, once in a while is fun, to see what she's made of. but not for your normal day to day tasks. What you save in money on a smaller machine, you might pay dearly for later.

/ Kioti loader actual lift capacity
Thanks for the great thoughts and comments so far. To respond in no particular order... The HLA4248 pallet forks weigh 425lbs. The truck was up on the main driveway so my front wheels were elevated and the forks were effectively pointed downward to be level to the load. The act of backing down to level ground caused the load to be angled downward. Had I lowered the load further with that angle, I would have likely lost a few sheets. I did not think to consider resting the fork tips on the deck.
I had assumed that the quoted lift capacity included the bucket so I was just dealing with the weight difference between the bucket and forks. If not, then 1800+425 is approaching the max.
I still have more than 40 sheets in the garage so maybe I'll experiment with 1800lbs closer to the ground and report back.

/ Kioti loader actual lift capacity #14  
My dk45 handles 30 bags of 60# concrete and pallet without any issues. Can lift and curl. But i have 1,000# ballast box.

I move 100’s of bags every year doing generator pads. I lift them off truck bed and off of a semi.

Thanks for the great thoughts and comments so far. To respond in no particular order... The HLA4248 pallet forks weigh 425lbs. The truck was up on the main driveway so my front wheels were elevated and the forks were effectively pointed downward to be level to the load. The act of backing down to level ground caused the load to be angled downward. Had I lowered the load further with that angle, I would have likely lost a few sheets. I did not think to consider resting the fork tips on the deck.
I had assumed that the quoted lift capacity included the bucket so I was just dealing with the weight difference between the bucket and forks. If not, then 1800+425 is approaching the max.
I still have more than 40 sheets in the garage so maybe I'll experiment with 1800lbs closer to the ground and report back.

As follow up...Today I experimented lifting sheetrock/drywall. I reviewed the specs on the drywall and it can weigh between 40 and 45 lbs per sheet. It is marketed as easi-lite but I expect that most days it comes off the production line on the heavy side (45lbs). The KL5510 loader is rated at 2660lbs at the pins. The sheets are 4x8 so the load averages 2 feet beyond the pins.

I was able to lift 44 sheets estimated between 1760 + forks (425) = 2185lbs and 1975lbs + forks = 2400lbs. I could not curl that load. I was able to curl 36 sheets - between 1865lb and 2045lb total..2 feet out. I was lifting about 2 feet off the ground at full throttle for max. hydraulic pressure.

I am satisfied that all is working well or at least well enough. I do not plan to work with that kind of load on a very regular basis. I should note that the approx. 1300lb counterweight and 880lbs in the tires kept the rear end on the ground. I did not hit the load dead centre so I did notice one rear tire get light. 1500lb or 1600 lb counterweight may have been a better choice if I was building another counterweight, but 1300 lets me know when I am hitting the limits. Any further analysis will be done from the seat and pucker factor!

/ Kioti loader actual lift capacity #16  
Might put a pressure gauge on one of your loader hydraulic line ports sometime, and verify your relief valve is set correctly. If your running a good deal below the nominal pressure setting for loader, lift capacity will suffer. Don't be tempted to raise your relief valve pressure above the published set point though; some people try this to increase their machine's lift potential, but mechanical and/or hydraulic failures with the loader usually follow soon thereafter. My Kioti loader is pretty stout, but its no skid loader either. I'm guessing the reason so many places reference the pivot pins in lift data is there are such a huge array of SSQA attachments available, with widely varying weights and geometry that will dramatically affect lifting capacity. I've seen large skid steer rakes and buckets that weigh well over 1000#. After you subtract the weight of something like that from a CTL's lift capacity, it will then only be able to lift a fraction of it's rated capacity. My pallet forks are 60", I can lift lighter things way out there on the ends of the forks, but heavier things I have to get the load in close to the pivot pins to lift. You've got the right idea though; you just have to experiment to find the limits! Cheers!

/ Kioti loader actual lift capacity #17  
My NX5510 lifts 1 ton of feed on a pallet. I think that I've done more than that with retaining blocks on a pallet. Forks weight 290 lbs. Maneuverability really starts to reduce when getting up there in weight.

I regularly haul wire crates of wood from out on the property. Uneven terrain and up to about 1/4mi. Figure with forks, crate and wet wood (Big Leaf Maple) I'm around 1,700 lbs. Rears are ballasted. If I toss on my box blade that gives me another 1,200 lbs of counter weight. I'm perfectly happy with the loader's performance: of course, one can always find a limit!

/ Kioti loader actual lift capacity #18  
My NX4510 lifted my 8'x8' handi house barn on my forks. (strapped around). It was pretty maxed out but handled it fine. Just moved it around the yard. View attachment Lil%20013.JPG

/ Kioti loader actual lift capacity #19  
I am very very happy with my Kioti but Here is a photo of my 30 sheets and firewood seasoning in the sun.
View attachment 656648View attachment 656649

The rack/pallet on the right (as we look at it), is that homemade - looks like a heavier gauge metal - could be a good use for all the old bed-frame rails I have been collecting!!

The rack/pallet on the right (as we look at it), is that homemade - looks like a heavier gauge metal - could be a good use for all the old bed-frame rails I have been collecting!!

Actually that is the shipping frame that was around my WC68 6″ PTO Wood Chipper, PTO Wood Chipper | Woodland Mills Canada
I cut off the cross members at the front to allow easy loading. It is smaller than the IBC frame beside it. A bed frame would be plenty strong as well. My next one will be a hardwood pallet with some 2x4 framing.