Kioti Mechron Rear Axle issue

/ Kioti Mechron Rear Axle issue #1  

Kmancardinalfan

Tractor
Kioti Mechron
I have a new to me 2014 Mechron. I bought it knowing the rear differential seals where bad. I replaced the seals, but the rear driver side axle won't stay in when I lock it in. If I leave it unlocked it is fine. It pops back in real easy. Wondering if I need a new ring (circlip), or something else. thanks in advance for the assistance.

Last edited:
   / Kioti Mechron Rear Axle issue #6  
I have a new to me 2014 Mechron. I bought it knowing the rear differential seals where bad. I replaced the seals, but the rear driver side axle won't stay in when I lock it in. If I leave it unlocked it is fine. It pops back in real easy. Wondering if I need a new ring (circlip), or something else. thanks in advance for the assistance.
Wondering if the OP solved this problem as I have the same, with the same axle? Today I am going to try adjusting the suspension settings to firm it up as I am thinking that it miy be the top A arm fouling on the hub under extreme travel

/ Kioti Mechron Rear Axle issue #7  
Wondering if the OP solved this problem as I have the same, with the same axle? Today I am going to try adjusting the suspension settings to firm it up as I am thinking that it miy be the top A arm fouling on the hub under extreme travel
Adjusting the suspension to tighten it up seems to have cured this problem, if anyone has the same issue. I suspect that the springs have stretched slightly over it's lifetime and the travel has exceeded the maximum, so tightening it up has brought it back within limits.

/ Kioti Mechron Rear Axle issue #8  
Adjusting the suspension to tighten it up seems to have cured this problem, if anyone has the same issue. I suspect that the springs have stretched slightly over it's lifetime and the travel has exceeded the maximum, so tightening it up has brought it back within limits.
What did you adjust? I have been having the same problem with mine.

/ Kioti Mechron Rear Axle issue #9  
If yours is the same as mine, it has adjustable suspension on the rear axle. Mine was set to the loosest setting (most travel). I tightened it up to the second to tightest setting. It was a b***h to do though, I had to take the units off and free them up as they were rusted up.

/ Kioti Mechron Rear Axle issue #10  
I tried tightening it up to the max, but didn't help. Luckily it wasn't seized like yours. I'll keep trying other things I guess