Kioti NX5510H new owner's first feedback and question

/ Kioti NX5510H new owner's first feedback and question #1  

brycedanville

Tractor
Ford 501 Powermaster
Finally took delivery of the tractor a couple weeks ago, but only have about 3 hours on it. The first real test I gave it was pushing one big brush burn pile against / onto another, in preparation for torching them off together. With 55 hp the only limiting factor was traction; the pile was damp, with some dirt mixed in close to ground level, so once I started shoving the main mass of the pile with the front loader, even with 4wd, locked differential, and water filled rear tires it started to lose traction. I had hoped for more brute pushing power, but can't really fault the tractor - I shouldn't expect it to perform like a track layer. Overall, it is a big improvement over the old Ford 801 Powermaster I've been using for many years. The only thing holding up my starting to use it more is some repairs on the box scraper that I'm transferring from the Ford to the Kioti. Having hydraulic top & tilt functions will be especially nice, as I used to have to accomplish those manually. It turns out that the bottom links of the 3-point hitch are Cat. 2, so I'm waiting for a couple Cat. 2 pins and 2-to-3 bushings so I can cut and weld in bushing segments on the box scraper bottom link positions for a tight new fit and heftier stress tolerance. Some nice features that make hooking up attachments easier: *Bottom links have quick release sliding ends with about 4 inches of travel to allow hookup even if tractor position is not precise. Once ends are clipped on, you simply back up to slide them back into the locked position. *Auxiliary raise/lower lever at rear allows adjustment of link up/down position without having to go around to main levers. *Lower link stabilizer bars are adjustable over a wide range simply by lifting retention pins, aligning the links and implement to the desired position, and dropping pins back in. So far, my overall impression is that the tractor is solidly built, with no skimping on quality of materials. Only time and a few hundred hours of use will allow a more valid evaluation of performance and reliability. I tend to be meticulous about maintenance, and am planning to build a shed to keep it out of the weather and prevent UV light from gradually destroying plastic components.
Now for my question: The tractor has toggle switches that control "LINKED PEDAL" (engine speed linked to how much you push on the hydrostatic forward / reverse foot controls), and "NO STALL" (to be used for loader work to minimize engine stalling when pushing into a pile). If BOTH those switches are clicked off the tractor will not move forward. It will go in reverse, though. If either one or both are on the tractor will operate in both forward and reverse. I studied the owner's manual - no mention of this. I tried every combination of other features (4wd on/off, PTO on/off) I could think of - no change. All I want to know is if this is the normal operating design of the tractor. The NO STALL function is supposed to be only for loader work. I asked the dealer - this is the first one of the 55hp line he's sold since becoming a dealer, and didn't really know; said he'd check on it and get back to me. Emailed a query to the corporate headquarters in North Carolina. The nice lady emailed back that nobody there could answer these kinds of questions, and that I should ask the dealer. Can anyone give me a clear, definitive answer? I haven't tried a query to Daedong in Korea yet, but suspect they'd also tell me to ask the dealer.
I'll be posting more feedback as time goes by and I've done some serious work with the tractor.

/ Kioti NX5510H new owner's first feedback and question #2  
You might try to locate another dealer who has more experience, and pose the questions to him or maybe his service folks. Seems to me that this might be a fairly common question............

/ Kioti NX5510H new owner's first feedback and question #3  
What tires do you have. I'm going to guess industrial. They will have less traction on loose ground than agricultural tires. But tractors will have limited pushing capability.

/ Kioti NX5510H new owner's first feedback and question #4  
Congrats on your new tractor. First off let me say I have a Kubota so my input might not be of much use. My tractor does have the same two features you mentioned and if they are both turned off the tractor operates just like a old style hydrostat. The stall guard is useful for loader work or when doing anything that works the engine to the point it lugs down. The "linked pedal" feature I don't use as much but it does work well in short back and forth type situations. I would think your tractor should operate normally with both features turned off. Have you looked over it to verify one of the sensors or something else isn't unplugged or only partially connected?

/ Kioti NX5510H new owner's first feedback and question
No, I haven't checked for loose or defective sensors; wouldn't know where to look anyway. I think my next gambit will be to google Kioti dealers, and pick one from the eastern states, as I have the impression that they were the first to introduce the Kioti tractors; hence, should have more experience. Also, since my prior email query to the USA corp. headquarters yielded no help, I'll try a call to the toll free #, and hope I'll be able to talk to a knowledgeable tech advisor. I just sent an email query to a Mr. Kim, who is the North America contact person at Daedong in Korea. If I ever get an answer that seems valid I'll post that on this forum.

/ Kioti NX5510H new owner's first feedback and question
Yes, the tires are industrial, so you're right I shouldn't expect the same traction in loose topsoil as with ag tires.

/ Kioti NX5510H new owner's first feedback and question #7  
Yes, the tires are industrial, so you're right I shouldn't expect the same traction in loose topsoil as with ag tires.
Another reason I went with ag tires verses the industrial tires.

Attachments

• 220.jpg
    220.jpg
    594.9 KB · Views: 187
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 357
   / Kioti NX5510H new owner's first feedback and question #8  
Sorry I can't help with your question about the features, but I have a question for you. Did you have at least 1200 lbs on your 3pt when pushing into the brush pile? Loaded tires are not enough, you need rear ballast too.

/ Kioti NX5510H new owner's first feedback and question #9