Kioti or Kubota

/ Kioti or Kubota #21  
Congratulations. Sounds like you bought it in Weatherford. Glad you made an excellent decision on the tractor. You will look back for many years and congratulate yourself on that decision. The Kubotas are definately the leaders in the compact tractor field, followed by John Deere, NH, and way back there Kioti. I believe you will find it to be a good investment and will give you excellent service over the years. Yes, your wife will enjoy it as much as you will. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Kioti or Kubota
Jim...Aren't you one of the (Blue) boys? Either way allow me to address your comment about the Golden Jubilee. No sir, It is not an 8-N. It is a 1952 (pre-53) Ford Golden Jubilee. There were 2379 Golden Jubilees produced in late 1952. while at the same time the 8-N's were still being produced. ie: I own a pre 53 Golden Jubilee. Rare? kinda.

/ Kioti or Kubota #23  
Cowboy-
I Know a reliable Kioti Dealer here in NY, this is what i was told...... People who worked for Kubota left and started their own company. They were also the same people responsible for the Kubota engine design, so that is reason engines are very much alike. All they have done is change color and style
a little. If one looks close the two machines are almost the same.

/ Kioti or Kubota #24  
I think that's another one of those rumors... the other good one I heard is the rumor that the Kioti people broke into Kubota's offices and stole the design plans... /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif I think someone posted the rumor mill on the Kiotis a while back... that was interesting. Not saying anything about the tractors either way, though. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

msig.gif

/ Kioti or Kubota #25  
"I am not a crook" /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif....what would you call that if the plumbers did break into the office...Botagate. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Kioti or Kubota #26  
Yes, I was thinking Botagate or something... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

msig.gif

/ Kioti or Kubota #27  
Since you brought it up, here it is again.

This is the top 10 list of Kioti stories I have been told, they must all be true.

1) There were 2 brothers running Kubota, they had a fight and one left and started Kioti.
2) The chief engineer at Kubota was not getting paid enough so he left and started Kioti.
3) Same as #2 but he stole all the blueprints from Kubota and built exact copies.
4) Kioti's are made by Kubota and sold the way Sears sells Whirlpool as Kenmore.
5) Kioti is the Korean division of Kubota (same company)
6) Kioti bought some Kubota tractors, took them apart, measured each piece and made exact copies of them.
7) Kubota sells their old blueprints to Kioti for models they no longer make.
8) Kubota sells their old molds to Kioti. (there are no molds to sell for sand cast parts)
9) Kubota models over 50 HP are made by Kioti.
10) Kubota and Kioti parts interchange and Kioti quality is as good or better than Kubota.

I am sure there are more fake stories that I am forgetting. From what I can tell, all these stories seem to start with Kioti dealers.

/ Kioti or Kubota #28  
Yep, that's the list Andy!! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

msig.gif