Kioti RFM or Caroni Flail?

/ Kioti RFM or Caroni Flail? #11  
Not to mention it's quite time consuming changing and sharpening all those knives on a flail mower.

That would be true if you were using the flail for both rough work (ie as a bush hog) and as a finish mower. If you just used it as a finish mower I don't think you'd be changing or sharpening the flails very often at all. I use mine only for bush hog and field cutting and after one season it seems like it will be several more before I consider any flail blade maintenance. I have 54 blades at a bit more than 2 bucks each so it won't be a terribly expensive job when the time comes. I imagine it will take a while to remove 27 bolts etc but it shouldn't take more than an afternoon (I hope).

/ Kioti RFM or Caroni Flail?
So I looked at a Caroni, First Choice, King Kutter, and Bush Hog this moring.

The Caroni did not have floating 3-pt connection - $1300

The First Choice looked pretty nice, but it was blue. Dealer said he could get me an orange one - $1300

The King Kutter had double stacked belts with much beefier pulley's, $1695
They also had last years King Kutter with standard belt - $1300

The bush hog was side discharge and $2300, also looked like it had been sitting on the lot a couple years, paint was really faded.

I still want to look at Kioti, Woods, and Befco before I make a decision.

/ Kioti RFM or Caroni Flail? #13  
So I looked at a Caroni, First Choice, King Kutter, and Bush Hog this moring.

The Caroni did not have floating 3-pt connection - $1300

The First Choice looked pretty nice, but it was blue. Dealer said he could get me an orange one - $1300

The King Kutter had double stacked belts with much beefier pulley's, $1695
They also had last years King Kutter with standard belt - $1300

The bush hog was side discharge and $2300, also looked like it had been sitting on the lot a couple years, paint was really faded.

I still want to look at Kioti, Woods, and Befco before I make a decision.

So have you decided on a new brush hog or RFM?

I would say, for me at least, the three you have not looked at are the three I like the best. I have a 7ft. Kioti RFM mower which I have used quite a bit. I believe they are Italian made and it has held up nicely so far. I've looked at quite a few Befco implements and have been impressed with them all. The seem to bee just a bit cheaper in price than Woods and very close in quality. Woods of course seems to be one of the industry standards along with Landpride. I wasn't big on their colors until they started making orarnge ones. Rick had a nicely looking orange rotary when he had his open house first time I had seen one in that color.

DSC03752.JPG

Sorry, I'm looking at RFM's

I talked to my Kioti dealer and he's got First Choice and Woods, both Heritage and PRD models in stock, all in Orange. I'm going to try and stop by there and take a look this afternoon. I'd much prefer to buy from them as they've been really good to deal with.

This afternoon I stopped by and looked at the Woods, then stopped a couple other places and looked at another Bush Hog that actually looked new.

I like the Woods, especially the PRD series. I also like the Bush Hog and it seems comparable to the Woods PRD. I can get the Bush Hog RDTH72 for a couple hundred less than the Woods PRD. The Bush Hog has heavier deck, although lighter overall, it also comes standard with rear chains. Both come with 5 year warranty on the gearbox.

At this point I'm leaning toward the Bush Hog, but the dealer didn't have a 6' at the location I stopped at today. I need to go across town to their other location and take a look at the exact unit I'd be getting before I decide.

I previously owned a Bush Hog squealer and was very happy with it.