Comparison Kioti vs Bobcat vs Kubota

/ Kioti vs Bobcat vs Kubota #11  
I think you should call or go to Barlow's website and get a price from them on a Kubota. My guess is the dealer is quoting you full retail. If you go to Kubota's website, choose a model, then do build my tractor it'll give you full retail. A good dealer will give you 10% or more of a discount. When lookign this summer I found that Barlow's would sell me a Kubota for about the same price as Kioti or Bobcat.

/ Kioti vs Bobcat vs Kubota #12  
now that the L3200/L3800 are shipping there are some solid programs on the L2800/L3400/L3700. Those are tractors that should be right up your ally... and come with standard QA couplers.

/ Kioti vs Bobcat vs Kubota #13  
No financing. Paying cash and the prices above reflect cash rebates. I don't need a mid pto, so I thought the b3300su would be the most economical in that range for Kubota. I'm interested in people's opinion on brand quality, ruggedness, etc... First tractor purchase and I want to get it right. Thanks in advance

Don't forget the shrinkage factor. No, not the one George suffered after a cold swim on Seinfeld! Tractors (especially the FIRST tractor) will shrink from the huge behemoth you thought it was on the dealer's lot, down to one that doesn't have enough power, weight, lift, reach, etc etc etc. That usually happens in the first 2-3 months of ownership. Seriously, very very very few people wish they bought a smaller tractor, but the same can't be said the other direction.

Just food for thought on a snowy day (12+ inches today and growing :()

/ Kioti vs Bobcat vs Kubota #14  
Looking at the Bobcat Ct235 vs the Kioti CK35 vs the Kubota B3300SU. Bobcat has the best price, followed by the Kioti with Kubota being the highest. I'm looking at buying new and getting a tractor, loader, backhoe and manual angle snow blade. So far the Bobcat has the best price at 25K, 28K for the Kioti and 29K for the Kubota. This is after all the deals and rebates. Bobcat dealer is furthest away (1 hour) but was real responsive. Kubota is the closest but most expensive. It also looks like the Kioti/Bobcat is built pretty rugged and gets real good feedback.

Anybody have any ideas? Looks like Kubota has a good reputation but I'm impressed with the ruggedness of the Kioti/Bobcat design (same tractor). Looking to use the tractor for small horse farm and for snow removal at the barn.

Ford tractor makes a good point. You might want to restart by figuring how many acres you plan on maintaining. Will it increase or not. Since you will have horses do you plan on maintaining pastures, making and or handling hay, building fence etc. Getting the correct HP is as important as the right brand. I know I wouldn't have wanted any less than the 45HP I have on my small farm. Good Luck and keep us updated.:thumbsup:

/ Kioti vs Bobcat vs Kubota #15  
Ford tractor makes a good point. You might want to restart by figuring how many acres you plan on maintaining. Will it increase or not. Since you will have horses do you plan on maintaining pastures, making and or handling hay, building fence etc. Getting the correct HP is as important as the right brand. I know I wouldn't have wanted any less than the 45HP I have on my small farm. Good Luck and keep us updated.:thumbsup:

I agree, depends on what you need to accomplish, what types of jobs now and in the future. If you only have one tractor then it needs to be large enough to handle all of your jobs. A 40 to 50 hp tractor is where they start to be really useful, able to contend with moderate sized jobs. A well ballasted tractor in this size weighing in around 5000 lbs can tackle a wide variety of jobs.

/ Kioti vs Bobcat vs Kubota #16  
I feel the tractors originally being considered would be a good size for the acreage. Bigger is not always better. For most jobs on a small place only a small portion of the tractor capacity is used and for the others just go a little slower. Its worked fine for me. Its too bad if you have to spend extra time away from home to pay for something you didn't really need. (not questioning whether we need our tractors :confused2:)

Loren

/ Kioti vs Bobcat vs Kubota #17  
I feel the tractors originally being considered would be a good size for the acreage. Bigger is not always better. For most jobs on a small place only a small portion of the tractor capacity is used and for the others just go a little slower. Its worked fine for me. Its too bad if you have to spend extra time away from home to pay for something you didn't really need. (not questioning whether we need our tractors :confused2:)

Loren

So what size is this acreage? Did not see where the OP mentioned this.

/ Kioti vs Bobcat vs Kubota #18  
In poster's personal profile it says 5 acres.

Loren

/ Kioti vs Bobcat vs Kubota #19  
I have a small horse operation myself and I can tell you that I would not want a tractor that could not move large square bales or round bales and the units your looking at are not up to the task.
I think if you shop around you can find some better deals on tractors that will not end up wanting for power. Don't be afraid of used equipment either.
BTW I run a 50hp Kubota MX series. But I have to admit that it might be a bit much for 5 acres.

/ Kioti vs Bobcat vs Kubota #20  
Looking at the Bobcat Ct235 vs the Kioti CK35 vs the Kubota B3300SU. Bobcat has the best price, followed by the Kioti with Kubota being the highest. I'm looking at buying new and getting a tractor, loader, backhoe and manual angle snow blade. So far the Bobcat has the best price at 25K, 28K for the Kioti and 29K for the Kubota. This is after all the deals and rebates. Bobcat dealer is furthest away (1 hour) but was real responsive. Kubota is the closest but most expensive. It also looks like the Kioti/Bobcat is built pretty rugged and gets real good feedback.

Anybody have any ideas? Looks like Kubota has a good reputation but I'm impressed with the ruggedness of the Kioti/Bobcat design (same tractor). Looking to use the tractor for small horse farm and for snow removal at the barn.

Look at the Grand L 40series tractors by Kubota. Excellent machines and worth the money. Remember Kubota holds their value. There's a reason for that! I always bet on the horse that's going to win.

I know funds can be tight but don't base your decision solely off cheapest price. Plus if you can get 0% payments do that instead of paying cash. Then you can invest the rest and make up the difference in tractor cost. A win, win in my book!