Kioti Vs. Montana

/ Kioti Vs. Montana #1  

wv joe

Tractor
Kioti DK45 SE HST
Again, thanks all for the help with my newbie questions. We've narrowed our choices to 3 and will be deciding this week, so I thought I'd gather your opinions as well.

Choice 1: Kioti DK40SE with FEL (free) $16,500 (new). This compares to other tractors we looked at but $5K less.

Choice 2: Kioti DK45SE HST with FEL (free) $17,700 (demo). I'm not really looking for an HST (although being a first tractor, I've been told I'd like it), but I do like the extra HP over the DK40SE. Did notice some rust on the metal ends of the hydralic hoses, but dealer will clean it and says its just cosmetics.

Choice 3: Montana 5740 with FEL $21,200 (demo). The dealer is detailing this one which he picked up from another dealer. Looked to me to have a bit of use, but comes with full warranty. Main concern here is that this is a considerably bigger tractor than any others we looked at and since it will be my first, want to make sure the extra power/size isn't going to get me in trouble (the boss wanted me to ask this question, she knows me too well!).
Also don't want to spend extra for power I don't need. Will be primarily bush hogging with some grading work.

Thanks again!

/ Kioti Vs. Montana #2  
I'd buy the new one,its cheaper,plus its new,plus if you are just mainly going to be grading and bushoging,you don't need a bigger one[unless you plan on bush hoging 50 acres or more.]it will use a 6ft hog real easy,7 ft blade.

I don't have hst on my ck30,so can't help none there,only use I could see for it might be if you were using the loader,alot.

HP wise the 40 hp one without hst will be about the same as 45hp one with hst I think.

/ Kioti Vs. Montana #3  
I'm new to the HST but I love it on my new DK45. It's great if you're doing alot of back and forth.

/ Kioti Vs. Montana #4  
Those look like good prices on the Kioti's.
HST is nice. With as much stop and start that working with a loader or 3 pt implement can generate not having a gearshift or clutch is a big help IMO. I have a DK45SE HST and used it to bush hog 23-24 acres last year.
How many hours are on the DK45SE that you are looking at?

Jeff

Again, thanks all for the help with my newbie questions. We've narrowed our choices to 3 and will be deciding this week, so I thought I'd gather your opinions as well.

Choice 1: Kioti DK40SE with FEL (free) $16,500 (new). This compares to other tractors we looked at but $5K less.

Choice 2: Kioti DK45SE HST with FEL (free) $17,700 (demo). I'm not really looking for an HST (although being a first tractor, I've been told I'd like it), but I do like the extra HP over the DK40SE. Did notice some rust on the metal ends of the hydralic hoses, but dealer will clean it and says its just cosmetics.

Choice 3: Montana 5740 with FEL $21,200 (demo). The dealer is detailing this one which he picked up from another dealer. Looked to me to have a bit of use, but comes with full warranty. Main concern here is that this is a considerably bigger tractor than any others we looked at and since it will be my first, want to make sure the extra power/size isn't going to get me in trouble (the boss wanted me to ask this question, she knows me too well!).
Also don't want to spend extra for power I don't need. Will be primarily bush hogging with some grading work.

Thanks again!

/ Kioti Vs. Montana #5  
I have a Kubota L4400 HST . My Previous tractor was the same HP at the PTO and set about the same width IH424 standard shift trans. I had the IH for 10 years and used it a lot. Since I purchased the HST I will not be going back to a standard type trans. I use a 6 foot rotary cutter and I work a lot on the hills some rather steep. I would strongly consider a HST especially since you are getting a FEL. JMHO

/ Kioti Vs. Montana #6  

If I were in your shoes...Choice 2 it is...
Its a Demo...so you know its been dealer serviced and the hours on the clock are more "tinkering" with features and function rather then actual work hours.....I assume it has the same warranty as new?

/ Kioti Vs. Montana #7  
Did you try a Bobcat CT Tractor? Its a much better deal! And the dealer support is really worth it!

/ Kioti Vs. Montana #8  
As you noted the Montana is considerably larger. Far and away more tractor than the others listed. Please know I am a fan of Kioti products but these are apples and oranges in comparison. If the Montana was new for that price I would jump on it. Even a demo at that price is a good deal but is it really what you need?

Drive them all, use the loaders (if dealer allows), see what is more comfortable and look at the needs. If the smaller machines will fit the need and they are comfortable then that would be the way to go. If the larger Montana will fit the bill then go that way as. In any case either tractor is an excellent tractor.

Maka

/ Kioti Vs. Montana
Thanks again, I tried the 2 Kiotis and they both felt good - like a car with auto vs. manual the HST did give you one less thing to worry about. The HST demo has 15 hours on it, used for shows, folks like me driving it around the yard - other than the slight rust, looks like new and is being sold as new (so full warranty. Thanks for the comment on the hill work - the dealer also mentioned the HST was good for hill work.
I looked at Bobcat (I heard Kioti actually makes them), but for a 45 HP HST with a FEL, I was quoted over $23K. Nice tractor, but I'm saving almost $6K with the Kioti.
The Montana demo looked much more used than the Kioti. The dealer acquired it from another dealer and the tach was broken. He is fixing it as well as anything else that needs fixing, but can only estimate the hours on it as around 80 (the dealer he got it from gave him a real low number of hours, but he said he knew that wasn't true). It will also be sold as new, full warranty.

/ Kioti Vs. Montana #10  
Did you try a Bobcat CT Tractor? Its a much better deal! And the dealer support is really worth it!

Crsbear8, you keep making this entirely unsubstantiated comment about Bobcat CT tractors. You don't own one and you've never posted a shred of evidence. Most people are finding that you do indeed pay for the Bobcat name and therefore Kioti dealers are not having any real trouble selling the identical tractors. Dealerships do indeed vary but that is an issue for each individual to decide upon after local research.

Please substantiate your posts and don't just be a Bobcat fanboy.