Kioti warranty

/ Kioti warranty #1  

blueovalboy

Tractor
Kioti CK4010HST
Rear axle seal leak. Called the dealer they said the two year bumper to bumper just ran out and we're not sure if there would be coverage. Now I could buy a seal and do the installation myself but I would like to keep my warranty pristine. I figure at least a thousand dollars shop materials filters and such, trailer rental etc. Compare to maybe 250 if I buy and do it myself.
Thoughts?
2018 CK4010HST 235 hours

/ Kioti warranty #2  
I have the same model and year Kioti tractor and have not had any problems so far. Normally if it's a repair item that could occur again and again, I try and learn to do it myself. But if it's a random failure and not likely to occur again; or it's a highly difficult repair and requiring special tools, then I let the dealer make the repair next time the tractor goes into the shop.

This rear axle seal repair could be reasonably easy, but you will need the Kioti shop repair manual for the CK4010se tractor. It can be ordered online or from any dealer, and has it's own part number.

OEM Parts Paige Tractors, Inc. Paige, TX (512) 253-6683

Last edited:
   / Kioti warranty #3  
I recently had a huge hydraulic leak coming from under the joystick. I was technically a few days over the 2-year point for bumper-to-bumper, but the local dealer contacted Kioti and they agreed to cover it.
On the other hand, you still have the 6-year power train warranty part going on, so check into that.

/ Kioti warranty #4  
If rear axle seal part of drivetrain warranty, obviously get them to do it, otherwise, I would fix myself. Get shop manual, they are invaluable. In Canada, I got my NX manual for $125.

/ Kioti warranty #5  
If rear axle seal part of drivetrain warranty, obviously get them to do it, otherwise, I would fix myself. Get shop manual, they are invaluable. In Canada, I got my NX manual for $125.
Where did you get the manual from? Dealer or online?

/ Kioti warranty #6  
Seal leaks more often than not are due to a bit if foreign material between the seal lip and the shaft. Inspect carefully (probably need a mirror) and try to remove the piece of dirt, grass, twine, etc that is in there. Sometimes tweezers or needlenose pliers can pull it out, or it can be gently swiped out with a very thin piece of plastic, feeler gauges or whatever.

With a 2018 machine it is almost certainly junk in the seal.

Baling twine is particularly notorious on axle seals

/ Kioti warranty
Thanks all! Great idea holeycow! I'll check that out. I figured it would be under the powertrain warranty but you never know until the dealer agrees. Going to spend enough with fluid changes didn't want to pay for labor and seal.

/ Kioti warranty #10  
Hopefully the dealer will cover it under warranty. I just replaced a rear axle seal on my tractor - quite a bit smaller than yours but that cast housing was heavy enough! Simple job, I replaced the 2 bearings while I was at it since they had to come off anyway. Parts didn't amount to much cost thankfully and I was due for a hydraulic oil change.

E.