Kioti Workshop Manuals

/ Kioti Workshop Manuals #181  
I don’t understand the allure of piracy for these. You can absolutely buy hard copies from your dealer. Kioti printed the CX2510 workshop manual in August after I ordered it in July. There isn’t much demand, and they are expensive at about $200.

Kioti does refuse to sell digital copies. What you see on the net is stolen from the dealer service software that has evergreen versions of the manuals. They aren’t available to non-dealers. Definitely not for 1/10th of the price of the real deal.

Really? You can't see why people aren't lining up to wait a month for a $200 paper only copy of a manual, after spending $20K+ on the tractor? The manuals were already created for the dealers, but nothing like nickle and diming the customer for something that costs you nothing. Tractors are the most likely vehicle to be serviced and repaired by their owners. They should come with a service and parts manual.

/ Kioti Workshop Manuals #182  
I don’t understand the allure of piracy for these. You can absolutely buy hard copies from your dealer. Kioti printed the CX2510 workshop manual in August after I ordered it in July. There isn’t much demand, and they are expensive at about $200.

Kioti does refuse to sell digital copies. What you see on the net is stolen from the dealer service software that has evergreen versions of the manuals. They aren’t available to non-dealers. Definitely not for 1/10th of the price of the real deal.
Is it piracy if Kioti happen to have their entire website open to anyone? And I mean, the entire thing, with software for Kioti, all kinds of manuals, recalls, option itens instructions, warranty claims with the owners personal info displayed all over it?

This used to be the case until a couple years ago and that's how a lot of people ended up having the manuals.

/ Kioti Workshop Manuals #183  
Is it piracy if Kioti happen to have their entire website open to anyone? And I mean, the entire thing, with software for Kioti, all kinds of manuals, recalls, option itens instructions, warranty claims with the owners personal info displayed all over it?

This used to be the case until a couple years ago and that's how a lot of people ended up having the manuals.

Yes it is still stealing. Data exposure due to lack of authentication or not. That justification is the same as saying it’s ok to walk into a business and take property because the door was unlocked.

The claim that people can’t get a workshop manuals legally in this thread is untrue and being used to justify buying stolen property or to ask for copies of it.

People are free to make their choices. We shouldn’t pretend we don’t understand the legality, however. We are not ignorant.

/ Kioti Workshop Manuals #184  
Really? You can't see why people aren't lining up to wait a month for a $200 paper only copy of a manual, after spending $20K+ on the tractor? The manuals were already created for the dealers, but nothing like nickle and diming the customer for something that costs you nothing. Tractors are the most likely vehicle to be serviced and repaired by their owners. They should come with a service and parts manual.
I understand that perspective and agree with the desire to have a workshop manual for maintenance. The owners manual didn’t have near as much information but did have more than car or motorcycle owners manuals do.

I don’t agree with the price argument. $200 is less than the price of the filters and fluids for the first service. Less than 2 labor hours at the dealer.

/ Kioti Workshop Manuals #185  
I agree!

/ Kioti Workshop Manuals #187  
I don't understand the difficulty in getting a workshop manual either. My dealer told me there was not one available for the CK3520. The sales literature they had was for the CK2610, CK3510 and CK4010. Nothing on the newer CK20 series. Does anybody have a part number for the manual?
I like the tractor so far and think it will serve me well in the future. It would just be nice to have the workshop or service manual for reference.

The service manual for the CK3510SE will cover all the ground you need, I would think, as there is little practical difference between the CK10 and 20 series.

/ Kioti Workshop Manuals #188  
The service manual for the CK3510SE will cover all the ground you need, I would think, as there is little practical difference between the CK10 and 20 series.
Thanks tacticalturnip. I suspected as much but still learning.

/ Kioti Workshop Manuals #189  
Yes it is still stealing. Data exposure due to lack of authentication or not. That justification is the same as saying it’s ok to walk into a business and take property because the door was unlocked.

The claim that people can’t get a workshop manuals legally in this thread is untrue and being used to justify buying stolen property or to ask for copies of it.

People are free to make their choices. We shouldn’t pretend we don’t understand the legality, however. We are not ignorant.
Does the same apply to walking into a public library? Because that is a more accurate analogy than the one you provided. The website was open to the public. Nothing was "taken", all of the the information was still right there on the website after people downloaded a copy. Nothing was "stolen".

Kioti originally made the information freely available on their website and later made the decision to restrict it.

BTW, I purchased the printed shop manual for my DK4510 but also downloaded the electronic version. The latter is in color instead of B/W, you can zoom in on the schematics which you can barely see in the printed, and you can do text searches. You can also print relevant pages to take out with you rather than lug the thick manual around, grease smudging the pages. I barely look at the printed manual that I paid for.

Last edited:
   / Kioti Workshop Manuals #190  
you can zoom in on the schematics which you can barely see in the printed, and you can do text searches. You can also print relevant pages to take out with you rather than lug the thick manual around, grease smudging the pages. I barely look at the printed manual that I paid for.
I have the touchscreen hooked to a 43” display in the shop, don’t really need to print ;)