Kitchen Lighting

/ Kitchen Lighting #11  
as mentioned by others cans arnt real good for lighting counters with uppers.

they work great for an island but your best bet for direct shadow free light on the counter is to use some sort of under cabinet light.

I have a series of cheepy puck lights ive wired to a standard switch with a dimmer.

/ Kitchen Lighting #12  
The joists and stiff backs will have the last word!!!

/ Kitchen Lighting #13  
I used the 6 inch cans from HALO as well and put them in last week. I spaced them as previously mentioned and have no shadows. I also used florescent lights with a glass covering on them. They start off dim, but warm up and the wife said a doctor could do surgery in there now.
Randy

Attachments

• newlights.JPG
    newlights.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 101
   / Kitchen Lighting #14  
randot said:
I used the 6 inch cans from HALO as well and put them in last week. I spaced them as previously mentioned and have no shadows. I also used florescent lights with a glass covering on them. They start off dim, but warm up and the wife said a doctor could do surgery in there now.
Randy

We basically did the same thing Randy, except we used 6 ceiling cans and hocky puck lights under the counter-tops. It's so bright here at night that we have trouble with the jets flying overhead thinking this is a landing strip. :eek:

Attachments

• war_room.jpg
    war_room.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 93