Tiller KK 4 ft tiller question

/ KK 4 ft tiller question #1  

Diesel_Boy

Silver Member
hi. i was reading on the KK website that the 4 ft tiller, model TG-48, is offset to cover tire tracks. does anyone know how much from center it is offset? i was wondering if it would cover the R4's on my kubota L 3130. thanks.

/ KK 4 ft tiller question #2  
I belive a 48" tiller would be pushing it a little to try to cover one tire when your outside tire width is like 60 or 65" depending on if you have R4 tires.
The angle on the "U" joints may not like it very well and be short lived.
I would be looking at a 60" minium tiller with.

/ KK 4 ft tiller question
well, i was thinking of a bigger tiller. KK recommends a PTO HP of 20-35 for the 48", 25-40 for the 60", and 35-50 for the 72. I have 23 PTO hp. so, does anyone want to chime in on your thoughts of required hp on tillers? could i use a 72", but just go REAL slow, or is there a certain limit?

/ KK 4 ft tiller question #4  
I own a 60" Kuhn tiller. I should have gone with a 72". I have a L3710 GST. I have busted off tines and never even knew I had hit anything.

I am not sure how your L3130 would do with a 72" tiller, but I have no doubt it could handle a 60" tiller even with our rocky soil.

/ KK 4 ft tiller question #5  
I run a KK 4’ tiller with 13.5 PTO hp and it does fine in our red clay without much rock. I do have to run slow on new ground but have tilled about 2 acres for new lawn. The off set on the 48” tiller is not going to cover the tire on your tractor. It just covers on my B21 which is 54” wide at the rear tires.

MarkV