KK disc

/ KK disc #1  

crankshaft21

Silver Member
Tractor
Montana 4320
I need to find a new or used disc. I was looking at the KK disc frame type, but was told that they are no good. They will not cut. Does anyone know if this is so or not. I need some information on what to look for in a 6 ft disc.

/ KK disc #2  
Do you mean King Kutter?
I have a J Bar. Its a decent useable disc. The frame is shop made here in the south all the blades axles bushings or bearing and spacers are indian I think.
will it cut?
Well its a disk.

I think most all brands do the same thing until you get into a big real disk bot the 6 ft type. I havent seen an american blade in years. My last american disk was an oliver sold by john deere.

/ KK disc
Yes, I did mean King Kutter. The dealer I use told me that He would order Me a disc, but if I wasn`t satisfied with it that he wouldn`t take it back or even take it as a tradein on something else. Another man I know, who farms said the King Kutter wasn`t very good either. The disc , the dealer wants me to buy is about 400 dollars more than the KK. I don`t need a disc right now, I do have time to look and see what i can find. Thanks for your input.

/ KK disc #4  
#1 issue with many lower cost 3-point disc's is they're just too light. Stack enough weight on the frame to do the job and they fold like a cheap lawn chair. While a higher price doesn't guaranty quality, a lower price almost always eliminates any possibility.

Look @ shipping weights of various models. Compare prices relative to total lbs. A good point of comparison is lbs per blade.

/ KK disc #5  
I've own the KingKutter 20x18 box frame lift disc. It's held up good and in sandy loam with the angle set to the max I can just barely pull it, I mean I can pull it but really notice the drag. On less agressive setting I do just fine. I've owned this disc for about 7 years now and it work just fine behind my 35 hp Jinma 4 wheel drive tractor. I would try to get one with notched discs all the around though, this one has plain discs on the back. bjr

/ KK disc #6  
i used to have a pull behind type disc, it hooked up on the 3 point hitch. to get it to cut i just lowered the arms. it did a great job too. i don't even know what brand it was, never did. i worn it completely out discing tobacco feilds and gardens over the years. i now have a pick up type thats crap but its all thats out there for my size tractor.