Loader KL130 Bucket Cylinder Removal

/ KL130 Bucket Cylinder Removal #1  

chamjoe

Bronze Member
Ok gents. Gotta replace the seals on one of the bucket arms (leaking). Probably stupid question. Can anyone tell me how to remove the (dust) cover (CK08-1102)? The bucket cylinders have two holes (assuming set screws?) and the boom has three but all are same size. I've got both holes marinading in PB blaster but I can't make out what kind of screw it is and I really don't want to strip it and have to drill it out. Is is just threaded and the cover screws off? I tried very lightly but figured i'd ask the group before try harder and damage it and likley lead to more downtime.

Also, bonus points if anyone can tell me the sizes of all the seals Kioti PN CK08-0100-P and CK08-0200-P as my local dealer went out of business and I'd like to fix it today by running by my local hyd shop. Thanks

/ KL130 Bucket Cylinder Removal #2  
I have a 2004 CK30hst with the KL130. I don't believe there are set screws in those holes. The holes are used for a spanner type wrench vs using a pipe wrench.

I don't know the actual size of the seals but another member had posted this info when he was repairing his. From Martin Fluid Power Company, Part# MSVC-035X045X06-0

/ KL130 Bucket Cylinder Removal #3  
Best bet is often leaving the barrel side mounted to the loader, getting the proper spanner or rod in the hole, and hammering on the spanner or rod to spin the gland free. This way, the tractor is holding the barrel for you.

If the cylinder is already removed from the tractor, be careful with the vice, as these small cylinders can be crushed/deformed when clamping too hard.

Here's a basic drawing of your typical hydraulic cylinder to help newcomers visualize the task at hand. Note that there are many different types/variations of hydraulic cylinders, but this is a good overview.

Hydraulic Cylinder Anatomy.jpg

/ KL130 Bucket Cylinder Removal
I have a 2004 CK30hst with the KL130. I don't believe there are set screws in those holes. The holes are used for a spanner type wrench vs using a pipe wrench.

I don't know the actual size of the seals but another member had posted this info when he was repairing his. From Martin Fluid Power Company, Part# MSVC-035X045X06-0

Thanks for the confirmation. I will take another wrap on it tomorrow. I've taken apart quite a few before but wasn't sure on this and didn't want to make it worse and make replacement even harder. I've got another rig while i'm down but its a bit heavier and not as good at the light work. Also, on the seal number you posted, I don't think its exactly what I need but it has lead me down another rabbit hole (but promising) that I didn't otherwise find in my search on the forums so a sincere thank you!