Knob buster - bx24 and RCK60 deck

/ Knob buster - bx24 and RCK60 deck #1  

ejnichol

Silver Member
I can't seem to keep the inspection shield knobs from breaking on my bx with the RCK60" deck. There is a conflict between the lift arm attachment pin mechanism and the knobs.

Three of the four are broken.

Any ideas on what to do?

MISC005-2.jpg

MISC006.jpg

Last edited:
   / Knob buster - bx24 and RCK60 deck #2  
Use wing nuts or just plain old nuts. After all, how often do you remove the cover to do a inspection.

/ Knob buster - bx24 and RCK60 deck
I wonder if the bx25 deck combo still has this issue.

Originally I thought the deck was off left to right but that doesn't seem to be it.

Yea, I'll probably keep using these broken knobs untill I can't unscrew.

I take em off twice a season to clean/lube or inspect.

/ Knob buster - bx24 and RCK60 deck #4  
Something is not right.

I have the same set-up and have never had this problem. 460+ hours with the deck on and off countless times.

It is tight up under the tractor when the deck is raised. I suspect that something is bent or not installed correctly.

/ Knob buster - bx24 and RCK60 deck #5  
Nobody picked up on the ultra-cool double exposure picture? Very nice.

Of course, I have no clue how to help. My previous-generation deck has these nice metal clips...one click and the cover pops right off. Dunno why they'd change it to this arrangement. Another two-thumbs-up to the use of plastic rather than metal on a tractor.

Really, I hope you figure on how to fix this. Looks like it would be a pain in your rear.

/ Knob buster - bx24 and RCK60 deck #6  
Something is not right.

I have the same set-up and have never had this problem. 460+ hours with the deck on and off countless times.

It is tight up under the tractor when the deck is raised. I suspect that something is bent or not installed correctly.

I'm with Renob. I haven't had any problems with mine and have the same set up too. something must be wrong. I take off the deck and covers a lot too.

I'll have to study it some more. Its off now and tractors all cleaned up for a warranty trip to dealer. I'll take a knob and a pic to the dealer and ask if he has any ideas.

The L shaped rod that engages the deck is whats busted the knobs. It only affects the two outermost knobs, one on each side.

Nobody picked up on the ultra-cool double exposure picture? Very nice.

Anything to get opinions. I'll try artful poses of the fairer sex next time.

/ Knob buster - bx24 and RCK60 deck #9  
Are the release pins pointing down when the deck is on?

Are the release pins pointing down when the deck is on?

I paid closer attention the last time I hooked it up. Seem to remember I had no way to engage and not conflict. I'll study it closer next time. I know when its fully lifted its all very compact and tight between the tractor floor deck and mower deck. There doesn't seem to be any left/right adjustment either.