knocking noise

/ knocking noise #61  
My 2515 has the same exact knocking noise that doesn't develop until a little over 1500 rpm. Definitely not an external noise. I was thinking maybe valve float or combustion related. Only ten hours on mine. Does it less under load. Today I was loading it heavy climbing a hill through deep snow, couldn't get much rpm out of it. Exhaust didn't sound right either, like it had a weak cylinder. Tractor is used 100 miles from dealer, so I'm going to use as needed until a definite problem arises. Tractor is outside all winter so I want to make sure low power wasn't caused by a little fuel gelling problem. Knocking noise occurs at warmer temperatures too.

/ knocking noise #62  
It's not the engine sound. It's the rattling sound over the engine noise.

Here is another example at around 1 min mark:

That kukje engine. Probably a lot of them will have that issue but you will not hear about it because there aren't many dealers in the US.

/ knocking noise #63  
Send the video link to your dealer. At 10hrs there's little reason for an owner to have to be worrying/messing with a tractor that's covered under warranty.

/ knocking noise #64  
Sounds like retarded timing

/ knocking noise #65  
That kukje engine. Probably a lot of them will have that issue but you will not hear about it because there aren't many dealers in the US.
Lots of owners, potential owners and dealers know about this noise, specially with the 2515's selling faster than the dealers can get them.

So far no one has found a solution, lots of people have put thousands of hours on these engines without any issues whatsoever, both in Europe and US.

I believe one person on facebook mention that he changed the oil to Rotella T5 or T6 and the noise went away? I don't know, because some people confuse the noise with something else.

/ knocking noise #66  
New 2515H. Exact same noise at higher rpm, driving or not. PTSG, your post makes me feel better. Thank you.

I understand that this engine is the same one used in this series up to 48 HP. I wonder if this is an effect of scaling back the engine HP to get under emissions requirements (?). If anyone finds out more on this or the noise in general, please keep us updated. Thank you!
Overall, I'm so impressed with the weight, capacities, and performance so far. Loving it.

/ knocking noise #67  
New 2515H. Exact same noise at higher rpm, driving or not. PTSG, your post makes me feel better. Thank you.

I understand that this engine is the same one used in this series up to 48 HP. I wonder if this is an effect of scaling back the engine HP to get under emissions requirements (?). If anyone finds out more on this or the noise in general, please keep us updated. Thank you!
Overall, I'm so impressed with the weight, capacities, and performance so far. Loving it.
Congrats on your new "toy"!

I wouldn't worry about the noise too much. There are thousands and thousands of these tractors with the A1700 engine sold all over the world. I'm sure if there was any problems related to that annoying noise, we would have hard about them already.

Here in my country, there lots of Branson tractors, some with thousands of hours on top of them that spend days mowing brush, plowing fields or pulling loaded trailers on the road and so far, I haven't heard anyone complaining.

I'm very picky to every little noise, and in the beginning, it was driving me somewhat crazy, but I've since just learned to ignore it.

I think I have a theory on what makes the noise but can't really confirm that. When I was doing the oil change a month or so ago, just for the kicks, decided to use a screw driver as pry bar and check for any side-to-side play on the injection pump shaft. It does have a little bit of play and I wondered at the time if that was enough to cause this noise at higher RPM. Then again, can't really confirm or deny it. I do know the noise goes away under load.

/ knocking noise #68  
I was hearing something very similar on my new Kioti DK4510. Turns out it was the pin that holds the loader on, the one you pull out to remove the loader. The loader was balanced enough that the pin moves very easily at the height that I was driving it with and it was rattling. Scared the crap out me. It quit after I ran it a dozen or so hours, I guess things "settled in". :LOL:

/ knocking noise #69  
I know this is a long shot. Can anyone make an educated guess what this knocking sound is? Brand new Branson 2515 less than 10 hrs.

did you ever find the source? My dealer adjusted my lifters, valves and my similar noise is mostly gone.