Kohler on PT425

/ Kohler on PT425 #1  

PTBill

Tractor
none
Probably reading too much into this but the new PowerTrac website seems to be showing a Kohler motor on the PT425. Perhaps an older picture.

http://power-trac.com/t8class.htm

The revolving picture under PT-425 Specifications

Attachments

• Kohler.JPG
    Kohler.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 151
   / Kohler on PT425 #2  
That irks me....

The 2nd picture shows the plastic gas tank, battery behind tank, version, meaning motor in rear and all pumps forward of engine.
The 3rd picture shows metal gas tank, kohler engine, PTO pumps behind engine, tram pump forward of engine, huge fuel filter on back of metal gas tank and some sort of fuel pump I've never seen on a Kohler before.

GRRRR!!!! They need current pictures!!!

/ Kohler on PT425 #3  
Are they Kohler or Subaru now? Wajs planning to ask next phone call cause i might find time next week to get down there.

/ Kohler on PT425 #5  
Are they Kohler or Subaru now? Wajs planning to ask next phone call cause i might find time next week to get down there.

If it is subaru it won't be for long. The factory is shutting down in 4 months

/ Kohler on PT425 #6  
If it is subaru it won't be for long. The factory is shutting down in 4 months

I think someone bought up Subuaru's small engine division. I'd think they'll still make small engines.

/ Kohler on PT425 #7  
I think someone bought up Subuaru's small engine division. I'd think they'll still make small engines.

According to a press release, Yamaha has acquired Subaru Industrial Power Products division and will be producing at least the EH65 and EH72 engines, so I wouldn't worry too much about getting parts & service. Quality is unlikely to decline.

/ Kohler on PT425 #9  
Why do you think they are closing soon? I sure don't want to be the last person to buy a 425.

I believe that was a reference to the Subaru small engine factory.

/ Kohler on PT425 #10  
Why do you think they are closing soon? I sure don't want to be the last person to buy a 425.
To be clear: the Subaru Industrial Products makes the EH65 and EH72 engines, which Power Trac puts in the PT422 and PT425.

The PT422 and PT425 are made by Power Trac, which has no relationship to Subaru.

If the EH65 and EH72 ceased production, Power Trac would probably return to installing the Kohler V-Twin engines, what they used until about 2003 or so.

But Yamaha (the purchaser of Subaru Industrial) is already on record that they won't cease production. They bought the company for this product line.