KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS

/ KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS #11  
   / KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS
Thanks - baby grand --- i was there when they replaced the first pump they did a very good job of flushing the system - but as you say it does not take much of that grinding compound left behind to repeat the past performance -

/ KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS #13  
I've been religiously reading the kioti forums since 2006. I can only recall one other HST problem like this on a ck20. I think it turned out to be some sort of blockage in the tranny, foreign material somehow introduced during mfg. if the ck20 is the right tractor I'd simply be pushing for a new ck20. Many many happy ck20 owners out there. Nothing like it until the new mahindras maxs came along.

/ KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS #14  
A member posted that it must be a lemon. Wouldn't the lemon law apply to tractors as it does for cars and trucks with three tries for the same problem and then they must take it back if not repaired and give you another one? I think I would do some checking. 20K plus his trade-in is a joke. The CK27 doesn't even cost that much.

/ KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS #15  
I,ve got a question for all you guys that are saying fix it, and sell it ?
Would you really feel good about selling it to someone, knowing the reocurring issues ?
Worst case, make sure you aren,t getting taken by the dealer, but trade it back into them, and let them worry about how they are really going to solve this ongoing problem.
Escalte this problem up the ladder, maybe they can buy it back from you, and use it for parts.

/ KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS #16  
Thanks - kiotiken - this whole thing with the dealer is just nuts - my advice to him is get the darned thing repaired on warranty and sell it quick - take what you can that is fair and cut your losses before the warranty runs out - then he can try a bigger model - at this time he's a tad gun shy of kioti though - the ck30 being heavier to me and my uses is not a real benefit though as the kubota 3400 has a footprint of 2.5 lbs per sq in which allows us to drive over a finished lawn even with the front bucket loaded and not damage the lawn - In his position he uses it in his organic gardens and a heavier machine in our damp climate here on Vancouver Island would turn things into a bit of a mud groove - the ck20 was ideal for him weight wise - just that it's turned into a nightmare for him - thanks for the input - Bill
ps: does anyone know if the remainder of a warranty in a sale istransferable ?

I agree with getting rid of it once fixed, but I personally would have a hard time selling something like that to a private party knowing full well it will probably crap out again costing them money. The dealer and Kioti themselves should have to obsorb the loss on this and treat your friend right.

Just curious does your friend keep a good eye on his hydraulic fluid levels? Just thinking there may be a leak somewhere running it dry.

/ KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS #17  
Just a ignorant curiosity question: which hydraulic pump is this? Transmission, steering, or main (e.g. loader) hydraulics?

Opinion: Unless this is a weird orphan tractor that very few others on this site own, there is no design defect with the pump. Otherwise we'd be hearing about it a lot from other owners who post here. If there is no design problem, the dealer never really fixed the tractor correctly (any of the three times he tried) and the "dealer's rep??" is full of it.

Was this "dealer's rep" an actual Kioti factory rep? Has the owner tried contacting Kioti in NC directly about this alleged design defect? This may be possible now that Connie is gone. Also recommend he keep documentation of all previous repair attempts. Does your state have things like consumer advocates you can appeal to? This has all the hallmarks of a lemon.

/ KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS #18  
Just a ignorant curiosity question: which hydraulic pump is this? Transmission, steering, or main (e.g. loader) hydraulics?

Opinion: Unless this is a weird orphan tractor that very few others on this site own, there is no design defect with the pump. Otherwise we'd be hearing about it a lot from other owners who post here. If there is no design problem, the dealer never really fixed the tractor correctly (any of the three times he tried) and the "dealer's rep??" is full of it.

Was this "dealer's rep" an actual Kioti factory rep? Has the owner tried contacting Kioti in NC directly about this alleged design defect? This may be possible now that Connie is gone. Also recommend he keep documentation of all previous repair attempts. Does your state have things like consumer advocates you can appeal to? This has all the hallmarks of a lemon.

Connie is gone! Amen

/ KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS #19  
   / KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS #20  
Hello, You are not alone. I just saw your post while looking for a solution to my 8year old CK20 HST's hydraulic issues. I have also had the hydraulic pump seize and brake the camshaft @ 450 hours, I was shocked when the dealer warranted out the problem and fixed it ( about 1 1/2 years ago). I am now stuck in my driveway after back bladeing snow for several hrs I put the bucket on and started moving snow with it, noticed the steering getting difficult and stopped to check hydraulic fluid & found it just touching dipstick (hydraulic cooler started leaking right after service work was done, tiny pin hole w/just enough fluid to attract dirt, cleaned cooler and added pint of fluid every 10-30 hrs when needed). Added fluid and restarted machine now bucket has almost no hydraulics and back blade will not move. Called dealer he offers no ideas just wants to see machine.... to make smoe $$$$$$$$$$$$$ of me or Kioti. Last time tractor smoked like a pig due to hydraulic fluid getting in the diesel & burning not happening this time. Mike