Komatsu D32E tracks?

/ Komatsu D32E tracks? #1  

Valveman

Platinum Member
Tractor
International, Kubota, Komatsu
Does anyone know how to tighten the tracks on a Komatsu D32E dozer? I can't find a grease cert anywhere?

/ Komatsu D32E tracks? #2  
can you post some pics of side tracks and rollers ???

/ Komatsu D32E tracks?
Thanks for the reply. This is the only pic I have now. Will take some of the tracks when I get back out there. There is usually a grease cert to pump up and tighten the tracks but I can't find one?

Attachments

• Bulldozer D32E.jpg
    Bulldozer D32E.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 148
   / Komatsu D32E tracks? #4  
Thanks for the reply. This is the only pic I have now. Will take some of the tracks when I get back out there. There is usually a grease cert to pump up and tighten the tracks but I can't find one?
"grease cert" = grease ZERK?

/ Komatsu D32E tracks? #5  
I can't answer your track tension zerk qestion, but snow machine manufactures gave up on grease cylinder track tension systems some 25+ years ago.

/ Komatsu D32E tracks? #8  
Should be right behind front idler. Look under the square cover shown in pic. Or look for a square headed plug, unscrew, zerk should be under that.

/ Komatsu D32E tracks? #9  
If thats a current pic, your tracks are too tight already. As stated above, look under that cover or right around the area behind the yokes to the front idler. That shaft you see behind the idler is the “can” of the cylinder. Some models are found there. You want 2-3 inches of sag. Too tight wears tracks fast. Too loose (more than 4”) and you might roll one off.

/ Komatsu D32E tracks?
Lol! Zerk not Cert. Been saying it wrong for 60 years, thanks! Tracks look tight when moving, but have lots of slack when sitting still. Have looked behind the cover at the yoke, even broke the bolts off. Ugg! Hate drilling and tapping but did it. Manual says there should be one in that area, but can't find a plug or anything? Manual is for multiple models, and I wondered if this one was different. Thanks all for the help. I will keep looking.