Insurance KTAC Insurance: who's read the fine print?

/ KTAC Insurance: who's read the fine print? #71  
The replacement option is good for the first 60 months of the contract so, yes, it would be covered. Yes - There is a documentation fee charged by the dealer for financing.

Thank You Kind sir.

/ KTAC Insurance: who's read the fine print? #72  
Thank you Kind Sir!!!

/ KTAC Insurance: who's read the fine print? #73  
Just keep your tractor in an outbuilding that's has it contents covered under your homeowners ins. When using the tractor, exercise common sense and you won't need to spend several hundred bucks a yr that you don't need to. I'm paying more than enough for fuel, maintenance and general repairs as it is, not to mention what I payed for the tractor. Only me or immediate family use it so no concern for liability and it never leaves my property.

/ KTAC Insurance: who's read the fine print? #74  
Mike... I agree with you 100% (until I need to file an insurance claim). I don't recommend insuring something that is meant for hard work (outdoors) by covering it with a policy meant for your house. KTAC deals with 1,000s of claims each year and I haven't had one person tell me they wish they would have just insured their equipment with their homeowner policy. However, I've had a lot of people tell me their homeowner policy didn't cover the equipment like they thought and wish they would have gone with us. As long as you never have to file a claim, you are making the right call.

/ KTAC Insurance: who's read the fine print? #75  
I looked at alternatives to KTAC, mostly homeowners...

To cover a tractor, not a riding lawnmower was an extra rider on the policy
It cost more
It had a higher deductible
It only covered on-property
It excluded any commercial activities

Pretty much a no-brainer for me to go KTAC.

I think you are covered for liability on your homeowners policy, but you need an extra rider policy to cover any machine replacement cost.

/ KTAC Insurance: who's read the fine print? #76  
KTAC,

I never received a policy on the tractor and insurance policy I bought several months ago.
Should I call the dealer, or just call ktac?

/ KTAC Insurance: who's read the fine print? #77  
KTAC,

I never received a policy on the tractor and insurance policy I bought several months ago.
Should I call the dealer, or just call ktac?

Ok this is what I was told and it makes sense if you financed through kubota you have to get the insurance you pay for it but the policy remains in kubotas hands as it is for there protection not yours kinda and you also get the benefits a d it covers more as a result. If you pay cash you get the policy but it also covers less .

/ KTAC Insurance: who's read the fine print? #78  
Ok this is what I was told and it makes sense if you financed through kubota you have to get the insurance you pay for it but the policy remains in kubotas hands as it is for there protection not yours kinda and you also get the benefits a d it covers more as a result. If you pay cash you get the policy but it also covers less .

Sounds like something you would read on the internet.

/ KTAC Insurance: who's read the fine print? #79  
Sounds like something you would read on the internet.
Yup. You can get the same policy out the door paying cash or financing. Different policy than you can get the day after you buy it. Full machine eplacement policy for new, cash value for policies on used machines.

/ KTAC Insurance: who's read the fine print? #80  
Why would you pay cash if you can finance at zero percent for the same price?

Granted, a monthly payment does not feel good. BUT years ago I financed my E350 van at zero percent. I could have paid cash. I hated the monthly payment but it made the most sense. Got a little interest on the money over that five years.

Finance it if the price is the same and do not look back. Get the insurance that way. Use their money rather than your own during the finance period.

Only works if you are disciplined I suppose, and do not use that cash for other things in the interim. I was...

Who loans money at zero percent?
Ford Motor Co.....on E-350 vans?
I don't think so!
Your finance charges were absolutely baked into the selling price!