Kubota 2004 BX2230 seat options

/ Kubota 2004 BX2230 seat options #1  

Boris1

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740HTSC FEL-RTVX1120 Camo-JDX540
My dad has a BX2230 and needs a new seat, I was hoping to find something other than what's on it (more comfortable). Has anyone replaced there's and if so with what? Cost is a concern of course. Thanks in advance..

/ Kubota 2004 BX2230 seat options #2  
I just, last Thursday, bolted a new seat on my BX2230. I got the Kubota replacement seat from Messick's (Kubota Wholegoods: BX\B Upgraded Seat, Part # B1013 | Messicks's). I wish I had done this years ago, these seats could be had for less money when they first became available. I have, of course, not used it much yet but I don't hesitate to say it is way more comfortable than the original.

There is a similar aftermarket seat available at NorthernTool (Highback Kubota Tractor Seat — Black, Model# 53000BK | Construction Agriculture Seats| Northern Tool + Equipment) that I think (not positive) will fit if you drill new holes in the seat mount on the tractor. The link at NorthernTool has the seat's bolt pattern specs and a picture of the bottom. I believe the same seat is available at Tractor Supply Co.; my local had one in stock and I thought it looked OK.

/ Kubota 2004 BX2230 seat options
Thanks Spec, I'll see what he thinks

/ Kubota 2004 BX2230 seat options #4  
My dad has a BX2230 and needs a new seat, I was hoping to find something other than what's on it (more comfortable). Has anyone replaced there's and if so with what? Cost is a concern of course. Thanks in advance..

You might also check what's available at places like Tractor Supply. They usually have some generic, universal-fit seats that can work. A few years ago I wanted to upgrade the seat on my older Grand L with a high-back type having armrests that TSC offered. Put the old Grand L seat - nice seat with good padding and tilt - on the BX, which made quite an improvement over the original BX seat. With any of these seat swaps, you may need to drill some new mounting holes or rig up some slightly different mounting bracket, but nothing a little "weekend mechanic" work with a drill and a hacksaw won't take care of.

You might also check what's available at places like Tractor Supply. They usually have some generic, universal-fit seats that can work. A few years ago I wanted to upgrade the seat on my older Grand L with a high-back type having armrests that TSC offered. Put the old Grand L seat - nice seat with good padding and tilt - on the BX, which made quite an improvement over the original BX seat. With any of these seat swaps, you may need to drill some new mounting holes or rig up some slightly different mounting bracket, but nothing a little "weekend mechanic" work with a drill and a hacksaw won't take care of.

Thanks Granddad, Ideally I would like to find something would a good amount of cushion and maybe some armrests. I like the newer ZT seats on today's mowers but probably out of our price range. Will check out TSC though.

/ Kubota 2004 BX2230 seat options #6  
I got my replacement at TSC. No armrests though. $100. I had to drill 2 new holes to mount it, but the other 2 holes fit perfectly. I also used a couple longer bolts with over sized nuts as spacers so the edge of the sewing wouldn't rub.
A huge improvement over the sloped wedge they came with.

Thanks for all the replies, it seems he wants to go with the kubota one listed from Messicks. Probably buy it from Burkes in Del and save taxes though.

Thanks again!

This is the seat we ended up getting, little more than we wanted to spend but got armrests & camo for $180 off EBay. It's supposed to be exact fit but we'll see about that I guess.

Attachments

• image-2989406438.jpg
    image-2989406438.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 373
   / Kubota 2004 BX2230 seat options #10  
Sorry forum is acting up. Double Post.