Kubota 2022 RTV1100C transmission question

/ Kubota 2022 RTV1100C transmission question #1  

botayota

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3240Hst
I was putting chains on my rear tires today, draped the chains over the tire, backed the Kubota up,
fastened the chains. Then proceeded to back the Kubota out of the barn so I could see where I needed to tighten the chains up. Got out of the Kubota chains all good, got back in to drive back into the barn to adjust the chains, and no movement. The transmission seems to be locked in some gear, since we can't even push the RTV. I moved the shifter between various settings no results. When I shut the engine off only when I put the shifter in Neutral does it start has it should, but shifting between Low, High or Reverse does not engage the transmission. I checked Hydr fluid, and pumped the brakes,...etc. I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow, but thought I'd post his here. Very frustrating considering I barely have 8 hours on this RTV.

/ Kubota 2022 RTV1100C transmission question #2  
Do you have the brake set?

/ Kubota 2022 RTV1100C transmission question #3  
I suspect You know it only will start in neutral . But just in case I stated . So I would leave it for dealer. It has a complex multi cable system to the trannie that needs to be set correctly. Best get it right under warranty. Once its set right it will be good for years. And you will get used to the little tricks....never turn it off in gear, better to put in neutral and use hand brake. Also changing from low to high or low to reverse press footbrake hard, it reduces friction to get it in gear, or if need be you can also at times feather gas lightly while pushing gear lever to where you need.

/ Kubota 2022 RTV1100C transmission question #4  
Neighbor had to rock the “throttle” pedal with some pressure on shifter to get it unlocked at times