Kubota 23S backhoe hydraulic leak help

/ Kubota 23S backhoe hydraulic leak help #1  

Jimmarsh

Tractor
DeereLx280
New user. 10.5 hours on machine. When I move the backhoe boom arm left or right I leak fluid. Any other operation on the backhoe does not cause leakage. I cant see exactly where it痴 coming from but seems to be from the block itself on top or back right while facing the rear

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

/ Kubota 23S backhoe hydraulic leak help #2  
That will be fixed under warranty, right? I had a cylinder leak a few weeks ago on my JD...dealer repacked cylinder under warranty which lasted two days. I called manufacturer and they sent me two new cylinders (another was was leaking a little).

/ Kubota 23S backhoe hydraulic leak help
Thanks. I will call dealer in the morning but suspect it should be covered under warranty.

/ Kubota 23S backhoe hydraulic leak help #4  
Contact dealer a.s.a.p. just in cade he needs to order parts...Parts don't cost as much but the down time does.

/ Kubota 23S backhoe hydraulic leak help #5  
The factory continues to install the elbow at the rod end of the BT603 swing cylinder at the incorrect angle. It has been complained about here multiple times, I have documented several cases directly to both Kubota’s warranty department and service support team. Severe instances will require the hose be replaced. This has been a problem for more than half a year.

/ Kubota 23S backhoe hydraulic leak help
Thanks all for the advice. Called dealer (Powerco, Clinton NJ) and was visited by mobile service in a short period of time. Mechanic was very familiar with the problem. I mentioned that I heard the installation at the wrong angle was the problem and he indicated that was not the problem but how the product was shipped. In either case it turns out I will need a new hose which is severely backordered at the moment. Fortunately for me my hose was lose at one end which was causing the immediate problem so some tightening and we have a fix until the new hose arrives.

If the fitting on the lower piston is positioned where the hose is parallel with the piston the hose does not rub against the metal and the hose doesn’t wear down. Hope this may be of help to someone else.

/ Kubota 23S backhoe hydraulic leak help #7  
Our dealership receives all BX23S fully assembled except for the mechanical thumb (where fitted) and the backhoe bucket. Since the problem was first noted every single one needed attention, probably 8 or 9 units. Other BX models arrive crated.