Kubota 2650

/ Kubota 2650 #1  

gravelman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 2650
Hi folks...my Kubota 2650 keep stalling and i believe it is the seat safety switch..i have placed a HEAVY piece of iron under a cushion but still trouble. this is a major pain in the neck. I have removed the seat cushion and tried rearranging things and finding ways to put pressure on it. Had it to the dealer and they did nothing. Too much trouble to disconnect. Maybe cement blocks. Anyone have a problem like this???

/ Kubota 2650 #2  
Not sure how your switch is wired? Most make a connection when weight is applied. Open the circuit when weight is removed.

If yours works that way, it's a simple two wire circuit. Connect the two wires and the switch is bypassed.

I have zero tolerance for a seat switch. Is there some reason you are wanting to retain it?

/ Kubota 2650
i would gladly do without....mine is not so easy...i traced all the wires and they have it so other electrical items are interferred with if i attempt to do what you say... also, the connections are quite difficult to take apart etc...im afraid if i start messing with it...bigger problems.

/ Kubota 2650 #4  
I would agree with your concerns if the seat switch connector has more than two terminals. Or if the circuit is closed when no weight is applied and opens when weight is applied.

If it's like I think it is, jumping the two wires will be interpreted by the computer as someone sitting in the seat. No different than mounting the machine and then turning on the key.

Maybe a study of parts including wiring harnesses on Kubota's parts website. They have great illustrated parts diagrams.

/ Kubota 2650 #5  
Maybe it's got something to do with the position of the PTO lever. If one raises from the seat when the PTO lever is engaged the engine stops.

/ Kubota 2650 #6  
Hi folks...my Kubota 2650 keep stalling and i believe it is the seat safety switch..i have placed a HEAVY piece of iron under a cushion but still trouble. this is a major pain in the neck. I have removed the seat cushion and tried rearranging things and finding ways to put pressure on it. Had it to the dealer and they did nothing. Too much trouble to disconnect. Maybe cement blocks. Anyone have a problem like this???

Separate the seat switch plug, and make a jumper for it.
With a jumper, seat will think it is always loaded.

/ Kubota 2650 #7  
Looking at the wiring diagram and seat switch parts it looks like it's a simple two wire connection. Should unplug within a few inches of the switch. Unplug and count terminals. If two, jump them across and try it. That should override switch and make the computer think someone is sitting in the seat all the time.

If you can go back and edit this thread, add "seat switch?" to the thread title so readers will know the subject rather than just the tractor model.

/ Kubota 2650 #8  
Maybe it's got something to do with the position of the PTO lever. If one raises from the seat when the PTO lever is engaged the engine stops.

Good point Mike.

/ Kubota 2650 #9  
Separate the seat switch plug, and make a jumper for it.
With a jumper, seat will think it is always loaded.

Yep. That's the only type I've saw. I'm not a seat switch fan at all.....

/ Kubota 2650 #10  
i would gladly do without....mine is not so easy...i traced all the wires and they have it so other electrical items are interferred with if i attempt to do what you say... also, the connections are quite difficult to take apart etc...im afraid if i start messing with it...bigger problems.

In regards to separating the connections. Some have a locking clip. The clip will be red. A sharp pick or maybe small needle nose pliers will pull the red clip out. Most just need pulled out a little which releases the latch mechanism. Some have to be completely removed.

Once the red locking clip is pulled you can then push the latch and release the connector. No great amount of force is required.