Kubota 2650

/ Kubota 2650
ok everyone...good stuff.. i just pulled up the seat pad...two wires going to a 8" square flat piece of plastic with 4 little dots in the corners.. i would say when pressure is on that pad..all good...as soon as pressure released, engine quits. As you said earlier...if i connect those two together with a jumper...it may do the trick.. i may wait till after the next snow storm...

/ Kubota 2650 #12  
Should be a wiring lead coming out of that pad switch and going to a connector somewhere close by. I'd do my altering at that connector. Such as unplugging it and adding a jumper.

/ Kubota 2650 #13  
ok everyone...good stuff.. i just pulled up the seat pad...two wires going to a 8" square flat piece of plastic with 4 little dots in the corners.. i would say when pressure is on that pad..all good...as soon as pressure released, engine quits. As you said earlier...if i connect those two together with a jumper...it may do the trick.. i may wait till after the next snow storm...

It .... WILL ..... work!
My Kubota L48 has had that same seat switch bypass (jumper), likely since the day after it was delivered to the original owner.

Last edited:
   / Kubota 2650
ok i will give it a try but not till after this weeks snowstorm... thanks all for this

/ Kubota 2650 #15  
I have a B2650, no issue with mine as you are having, but I do have questions. When exactly does it stall, only under duress with a load of some type or in gear? The reason I ask is that I can start my tractor with no one in the seat, does that mean the seat switch is only active under certain conditions?

/ Kubota 2650
i can also start mine unseated but there are times when it stalls out if there is not enough weight on the seat. I know that sounds crazy but the position of the seat safety must be ok to allow it to start unseated. There have been times i turned around on the seat to look backwards only to have it stall... It has never stalled under a load and i have hsd. It does sound confusing and im not a mechanic or engineer but it will stall, even if the pto is NOT operating. My wife is a lightweight... and when she drives, it stalls on her continually, thus i put a heavy piece of steel under the pad

/ Kubota 2650 #17  
The reason I ask is that I can start my tractor with no one in the seat, does that mean the seat switch is only active under certain conditions?

You may have a system that allows starting from off the seat when the gearbox part of the transmission is in neutral. Or your seat switch is stuck ON.

There are numerous scenarios where a simple seat switch that kills the engine is not a good idea by itself. One is when you are operating the PTO while off the tractor, as with a PTO-driven mixer, pump, generator, etc. Another is when you are getting off and on the tractor for sensitive lifting/pulling work.

On a new Bobcat CT230 I once bought, pushing on the brake to engage/disengage the parking brake would lift my rear end just enough to kill the engine. That "feature" had to go right away. It was the seat switch, and I jumpered it.

Last edited:
   / Kubota 2650
very interesting. i cannot fully explain it as it will shut down without running pto or anything else for that matter. And yet i power my wood splitter etc and it runs fine. Someone out there will explain it all...

/ Kubota 2650 #19  
Very simple explanation. Disable the seat switch.