Kubota 3130

/ Kubota 3130 #1  

benelli

Guys,
what kind of gear oil is recomended for the front axle and how much do I put in? Thanks:thumbsup:

/ Kubota 3130 #2  
If I am too lazy to find the manual for my tractor because it is always at the other place then I call the Dealer and talk to the mechanic.. Hopefully he knows what he is talking about.

/ Kubota 3130 #3  
It says to use utd or 80-90 gear oil. I had a axle seal leak using utd. Switched to gear oil and the leak stopped. Just over 6 quarts.

/ Kubota 3130
Hmm. Dosent seem like it holds 6 quarts. So are you pushing the oil through the drain bolt on the bottom of the axle housing?

/ Kubota 3130
Thanks hawkeye... They do not show a 3130 but I down loaded the 3240 maual. It looks the same. I did not realize the entire front end is the same oil path. I thought each wheel bearing was a seperate resevoir. Thanks

/ Kubota 3130 #7  
Oops, I was thinking operator manual, but parts manual is what I downloaded. Sorry about that. Messicks has the parts manuals downloadable.

/ Kubota 3130 #8  
Thanks hawkeye... They do not show a 3130 but I down loaded the 3240 maual. It looks the same. I did not realize the entire front end is the same oil path. I thought each wheel bearing was a seperate resevoir. Thanks

Drain using both plugs on the bottom of the wheel bezels, fill using big bolt on the axle housing until it comes out of the little bolt hole on the other side of the housing.

JayC