Comparison Kubota 4240 vs Deere 4120 -- Why big price diff?

/ Kubota 4240 vs Deere 4120 -- Why big price diff? #21  
Because the green paint is actually made by grinding up $100 bills.

/ Kubota 4240 vs Deere 4120 -- Why big price diff? #23  
Do you have any Kioti dealers around?? Dk40 HST with loader is about 22 grand with 4 year warrenty.

/ Kubota 4240 vs Deere 4120 -- Why big price diff? #24  
The quotes I got this week wound up with the DK40SE coming in at $13K less than the L4240, same configuration. This was with HST, cab, loader, 2 rear remotes, and quick hitch. All three dealers are about equally good. Of course, the Kioti free loader offer helped, to the tune of about $5K.

Try the ones you think you want, get quotes, and evaluate the dealer, then make your choice. The right one is the one that works best for you,

/ Kubota 4240 vs Deere 4120 -- Why big price diff? #25  
The quotes I got this week wound up with the DK40SE coming in at $13K less than the L4240, same configuration. This was with HST, cab, loader, 2 rear remotes, and quick hitch. All three dealers are about equally good. Of course, the Kioti free loader offer helped, to the tune of about $5K.

Try the ones you think you want, get quotes, and evaluate the dealer, then make your choice. The right one is the one that works best for you,

$13K is a pretty high premium for a different shade of orange and a fancy transmission. Though to be fair the real comparison by horsepower to the L4240 is the DK45 while the DK40 compares to the L3940 exactly in horsepower. The DK45 usually costs $1500-2K more than the DK40.

The Kubota 40 series tranny is certainly a plus but one should consider that all Kubota tractors before about 2007 (and all the current B and non grand L series) use the same generation HST as Kioti does. Tried and true.

As a trade off, the loader comparison favors Kioti. The L3940 has a max lift of 1900lbs compared to over 2700lb for the DK40/45. Even the L4240 loader at 2500lbs lift is shy of the Kioti figure.

/ Kubota 4240 vs Deere 4120 -- Why big price diff? #26  
I don't know why I keep saying DK40SE, it is really a DK45SE. Dyslexic, I guess!

/ Kubota 4240 vs Deere 4120 -- Why big price diff? #27  
I don't know why I keep saying DK40SE, it is really a DK45SE. Dyslexic, I guess!

$13K difference between a DK45se and L4240 is bizarre. $6K is commonly seen as the Kioti advantage but 13K is wild. I'd say that means not only is the free loader impact significant but that the Kubota dealer is just not discounting.

/ Kubota 4240 vs Deere 4120 -- Why big price diff? #28  
$13k, I think either the Kioti dealer gave you one heck of a deal or the Kubota dealer used the wrong number. The price difference when I was looking was about $1500 but once I got a feel for the HST+ (and I wanted a front mount snow blower that the Kioti dealer couldn't find in the book) the Kioti was out of the running. For $13k I would drive the Kioti to the Kubota dealer and ask him to come out and show you why the Kubota costs $13k more (maybe they use gold dust mixed in with the air they fill the tires with).

/ Kubota 4240 vs Deere 4120 -- Why big price diff? #29  
$13k! Why don't you have that thing already??? Unless Kubota dealer gave you above list and the Kioti dealer gave you one heck of a deal, I really don't see how this is possible. I'd be all over this, though for that much. Imagine all those implements you could buy with that price difference, because of course you wouldn't be a smart shopper and save that money, you have to reinvest - fuels the economy;)

Seriously, though, would you mind sharing the quotes? That's quite a difference.

/ Kubota 4240 vs Deere 4120 -- Why big price diff? #30  
$13k, I think either the Kioti dealer gave you one heck of a deal or the Kubota dealer used the wrong number. The price difference when I was looking was about $1500 but once I got a feel for the HST+ (and I wanted a front mount snow blower that the Kioti dealer couldn't find in the book) the Kioti was out of the running. For $13k I would drive the Kioti to the Kubota dealer and ask him to come out and show you why the Kubota costs $13k more (maybe they use gold dust mixed in with the air they fill the tires with).

No, I think Kubota just buys their paint from the same supplier as JD.:D