kubota 4310

/ kubota 4310 #11  
I would highly advise engaging the PTO. Sometimes from sitting, the internals will get stuck. I found that out the hard way. Also, give the bolts a good look over, especially on the loader. They can loosen up. Get a bucket of dirt, see how it does.

/ kubota 4310
Wolfy,
Thanx for your feedback. I'll take heed of your wisdom

TJ

/ kubota 4310 #13  
I have looked at and driven this 4310 myself. It must be the one near sand point. There is a linkage problem in the loader but he said that he would fix it before somebody bought it... Seems like it is in excellent condition other than that but I'm going to buy new but it sure makes it tempting to buy used

/ kubota 4310
Spinal,
I was surprised to read your posting and glad for your input. New or used, it is still alot of money to spend and I dont know for myself if this is a want or a need. I would be interested to know what model you are hunting. If you are in the sandpoint area, I guess you know Cal at Bonners Ferry but there is a good guy to talk to in Eugene Oregon who speaks very simply, at midvale tractor. Dont have his name at the moment, but I can get it if you are interested.
TJ

/ kubota 4310 #15  
Hello, I am a new member and am looking to buy my first tractor. I am looking at a Kubota 4310 hst with cab, 270 hours. Is there anyone who is familiar with this model and is aware of weaknesses... thank you very much

my neighbor bought one a couple years ago...cab and air...no loader...for mowing around the four houses on the farm, along the 1/2 mile lane to his brothers house...

had about 400 hrs

paid about $18k

he just sold it and bought a JD 28__ with mid mower

as far as i know, the only thing he didnt like was the 3-point mower...

im sure he didnt look around online, but i know he said that a mid setup wasnt available anymore from a dealer...

/ kubota 4310 #16  
Tjt35,
I am looking at probably the cabbed Kubota L 3240, kind of the sweet spot for me.. Seems like enough power to do whatever I need and not too much overkill. I also am trying to decide if it's a need or want... The kioti dk50 cab is the same price, I just don't know enough about the kioti or that dealership... Maybe the greatest person, I just don't know. The Spokane kubota dealership seems to be great, knowledgeable, and have been around for awhile... If I could afford it, I would go with the Deere 3520 or 3720 cabbed... The seat is so much more comfortable and I like the pedals, and how the cab is laid out, just not worth the extra 4 grand... Probably confused you even more...

/ kubota 4310 #17  
I have had a 4610 for over 10 years and it is my all time favorite and as long as I can keep it running I woulnt sell mine for that price and it has no cab and around 2000 hrs. I should also mention I have 4 other tractors at this time and probably have had 2 or three more in that time frame. The only repairs I have done to the 4610 is a battery and a hydralic site glass.

/ kubota 4310 #18  
I have had a 4610 for over 10 years and it is my all time favorite and as long as I can keep it running I woulnt sell mine for that price and it has no cab and around 2000 hrs. I should also mention I have 4 other tractors at this time and probably have had 2 or three more in that time frame. The only repairs I have done to the 4610 is a battery and a hydralic site glass.

You have the same model as mine, similar good experience over similar time of ownership (see my earlier post). Other TBN owners with L4610's have reported pretty much the same. That L4310 cab tractor will make a good workhorse for someone.

/ kubota 4310 #19  
TJ:

I have a 4310HST and aded a Curtis Cab. The hood design has 2 removable side panels that fit onto slots and the front grill can be unlocked to tilt forward wher the battery is housed.

However, if you park downhill, the rain is funneled along the 2 slots to dump onto the battery, thereby shorting it out. Solution is to park with tractor facing uphill.

I had an ATI Quik-Tach loader mount added to switch between bucket, pallet forks and grapple easily.

Wish I had a factory cab though.

/ kubota 4310 #20  
Did you find a tractor? I can no longer seem to justify the cost of the kubota L3240. I finally decided to bite the bullet, but after adding front and rear hyd., top and tilt, rim guard and it was 5000k more... I gave up and just backed out for now, maybe I will continue using my skid steer