Kubota 7060 question

/ Kubota 7060 question
Mine is a '17. At that time 12x12 gained about 4 gpm on overall hydraulic flow, electronic 4x4, E-pto(540 pto speed at 1600 rpms instead of 2250), park gear instead of a parking brake, and I believe there was one more thing that I can't remember now.
I don't know that I gained anything. E-pto is useless because you need high rpms for DPF. Electronic 4x4 over manual, I don't see any plus or minus really. I never use 5 or 6 for field work and can use high side for traveling. GPM might be the only gain but I don't know if I would notice it, if I compared it to standard
Good luck with your decision, I had to order mine because I got an open station and they are normally 8x8

So, in your experience, you dont see the benefit in the 12x12? If you were buying again, would you get the 8x8?
Thanks

/ Kubota 7060 question #12  
E-pto is useless because you need high rpms for DPF.

???

I have 420+ hours on my M7060 12 speed now, almost all of it using the PTO. I have NEVER used anything but E-PTO; the regens on mine are few and far between so I'm sure the DPF is doing fine. Seems to me that as long as the tractor is not just running at idle, with no load so it doesn't have a chance to get up to operating temperature, the emissions system will be fine.

Come to think of it, don't believe I have ever run my engine over 2000 rpm since it was new for any reason.

/ Kubota 7060 question #13  
???

I have 420+ hours on my M7060 12 speed now, almost all of it using the PTO. I have NEVER used anything but E-PTO; the regens on mine are few and far between so I'm sure the DPF is doing fine. Seems to me that as long as the tractor is not just running at idle, with no load so it doesn't have a chance to get up to operating temperature, the emissions system will be fine.

Come to think of it, don't believe I have ever run my engine over 2000 rpm since it was new for any reason.

Exactly. DPFs actually like a steady load more than uneven loads.

There is a thread here on TBN, where a member decided to run his square baler on a L6060, instead of the the bigger Kubota he has for whatever reason I can't remember now, but he experienced more regens on the L6060 because as the baler was stroking, it would load up the engine, then almost unload it at all. This would produce enough soot to plug the DPF faster without having time to burn off between strokes and caused the DPF to regen much more frequently than the bigger tractor.

/ Kubota 7060 question
So, is the 12x12 transmission an upgrade from the 8x8?

Is the 12x12 a wet clutch and 8x8 a dry clutch?

I am looking at specs online, but one of us is not extremely clear.

Thanks!

/ Kubota 7060 question #15  
So, is the 12x12 transmission an upgrade from the 8x8?

Is the 12x12 a wet clutch and 8x8 a dry clutch?

I am looking at specs online, but one of us is not extremely clear.

Thanks!

The 12x12 is an upgrade (option). But both are "multiple wet disc" clutches according to the Kubota brochure.

I bought mine used; if I had ordered a new one, knowing what I know now, I would have ordered mine with the "creeper" gears option. 3rd gear on my old John Deere 2020 is about equivalent to 1st gear on this Kubota. I would have liked some lower gears for those times when I'm trying to finesse around in a tight situation.

/ Kubota 7060 question #17  
The 12x12 is an upgrade (option). But both are "multiple wet disc" clutches according to the Kubota brochure.

I bought mine used; if I had ordered a new one, knowing what I know now, I would have ordered mine with the "creeper" gears option. 3rd gear on my old John Deere 2020 is about equivalent to 1st gear on this Kubota. I would have liked some lower gears for those times when I'm trying to finesse around in a tight situation.

Isn't the creeper gear a simple dealer add-on. and not a factory item?

/ Kubota 7060 question #18  
The dealer installs it, a messy job, but order it, if you do it later you may have an install fee. Kubota pays the dealer to install lots of stuff. My dealer did the grill guard, 3rd function on the FEL and the creep gear. factory did my rear valves.

/ Kubota 7060 question
Guys, thank you all for the insight. I have reviewed all of the literature on line, the paper brochures, and all of the videos on the web.

Not being a tractor expert, nor having done any research in @ 10 years, your opinions and real life experiences are appreciated.

If you have any additional info- please share it. I'm still pondering on this, before I pull the trigger.

Thanks again,
JC

/ Kubota 7060 question #20  
???

Agreed.

I use EPTO on my M9960 when using the mounted mower (not with the BW). Never any DPF issues.

SDT