Kubota 9540

/ Kubota 9540 #11  
looking at buying a kubota 9540 4x4 how reliable is this tractor i usually put 6 to 800 hours a year on them all thru the summer months run 6 to 7 days a week 10 to 12 hours a day . dealer is really pushing a mahindra 8560 but i kinda skiddish but has me thinking about it is the 9540 comparable to the old m8030 in any ways?

tractor2.JPG(2009) 7040-600+hrs/(2011)5040-200+hrs and we really use our two and havent had any kind of issues. You may consider going with the 12x12 hyd.shuttle,ours have the 8x8 sync.shuttle with no issues but you may get into situations were the 12x12 would give you a better gear. I dont have anything bad to say about the sync.shuttle kubota mechanic just claims they are better/tougher....

/ Kubota 9540 #12  
i've had an M8540 for several years (bought new) and can only highlight triple r's comment, fantastic machine. basic utility use including unearthing huge boulders, mowing, & much more. would highly recommend the 12 sp trannie w/hyd shuttle. this option will also increase the 3ph lift cap. almost 2x. would recommend some kind of rear tire ballast (mine fluid filled)
one safety option not mentioned is the trannie e brake....much safer (imho) than the conventional ratchet type. i work alone in hilly terrain, nice to lock it in when i dismount. unfortunately the price has gone up since then but a solid buy if you intend to keep good luck

/ Kubota 9540 #13  
15 Kubota's here, so far and one issue with a hydraulic cylinder on a FEL. That's it and I use 'em hard and long hours.

/ Kubota 9540 #14  
I have a 2004 Kubota M95 with the hydraulic shuttle 32 x 32 transmission. The only issue it has had was a leak in a front axle seal, It was covered by the 5 year warranty so I have spent zero on repairs. It is a good solid machine that I feel confident to recommend.

/ Kubota 9540 #15  
I have a 2004 Kubota M95 with the hydraulic shuttle 32 x 32 transmission. The only issue it has had was a leak in a front axle seal, It was covered by the 5 year warranty so I have spent zero on repairs. It is a good solid machine that I feel confident to recommend.

5 years? :confused: So you had some sort of extended warranty?

/ Kubota 9540 #16  
5 years? :confused: So you had some sort of extended warranty?

When I bought it the dealer said on certain ag tractors Kubota was offering 5 yr powertrain. This was back in 2004.