Kubota Air Filter Cleaning???

/ Kubota Air Filter Cleaning???
My L2800 is 6 years old and does not have the "safety filter" inside. Do you have a part number for it?

My current filter (and the type that came new with the tractor) is a single cartridge type filter Kubota #TA040-93230.

/ Kubota Air Filter Cleaning??? #12  
New filters are cheap compared to a new engine. very easy to blow a hole in the paper with compressed air

/ Kubota Air Filter Cleaning??? #13  
If a hole is blown in the filter, which is unlikely if done correctly, I would hope a new one would be purchased. Blowing them out occasionally when dirty is good, free preventative maintenance.

/ Kubota Air Filter Cleaning??? #14  
My L2800 is 6 years old and does not have the "safety filter" inside. Do you have a part number for it?

My current filter (and the type that came new with the tractor) is a single cartridge type filter Kubota #TA040-93230.

Inner is TA040-93220

David Kb7uns

/ Kubota Air Filter Cleaning??? #15  
That's what the drag racers do, except they do it every night in the shower, so I've heard. I don't like the compressed air method, I wash filters in soapy water and air dry. Make sure to put a clean rag in the intake after you take off the filter to keep the junk out of there.

/ Kubota Air Filter Cleaning??? #16  
Referring to the paper element, remember that there is no restriction against driving in the rain. The element needs to be tough to handle the high air volume passing through along with the water in the air. If they made a filter element that can be damaged by water a person would need to stop with the first raindrop or snowflake.

Sure my L5740 filter gets sooted. The exhaust is directed where it can be drawn into the air cleaner depending on wind direction. I can see the smoke head that direction every time I start drawn by the fan. I would like to have a vertical exhaust like 4Shorts and all of our larger tractors but alas I don't have his build talents,

/ Kubota Air Filter Cleaning???
Just looked up the inner filter in Kubota's online catalog using the number TA040-93220 provided by David Kb7uns. Thanks for the part number...

Very strange to see that the part is shown as an option. Why in the world would they not have made this standard? Seems odd that this wasn't included originally given that mine is an HST 4WD tractor.

Just to be sure, I assume it can be safely added to my existing #TA040-93230 outer filter and still get the proper air flow for my L3400?

Thanks...

/ Kubota Air Filter Cleaning??? #19  
If everything is working correctly how do you get oil or other containments on the filter in the first place? Seems like a bigger issue if you do.

I have never washed a paper filter I just tap out the dust every few months and replace each year... You should avoid using compressed air as well unless it is super low pressure and from inside out. A new filter is Cheap insurance considering the damage dust can do.

I do replace the inner filter once every few years as well.

This is what I do and is all anyone ever needs to know about air filters. Pay attention.

Changing air filters is really is cheap insurance because just the tiniest bit of dust can raise all sorts of problems that you would gladly pay many times the price of the air filters to fix.

/ Kubota Air Filter Cleaning??? #20  
I replace the air filter every 100 hrs with new. Every 25 hrs it is wrapped with a cut to size shop vac filter paper. tractor filter.JPG When this is done the filter is as white as it was at new.