Kubota B2410 transmission problem

/ Kubota B2410 transmission problem #1  

ModMech

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2410
My B2410 rather suddenly developed a serious transmission issue and I would appreciate any advice offered.

More often than not, when you release the HST pedal (hydro controls) traveling in Forward or Reverse, the pedal does not return to "N". At the same time I began to notice a "buck" in the steering when turning quickly. I have inspected all linkages and pivot pins and nothing is sticking. The HST pedal operates normally and is not binding or rubbing on anything. The hydro levels are all within the normal range on level ground and there is 150 hours left before the hydro fluid and filter service is due.

It seems to me like either there is not enough pressure/flow to cause the travel valves into the neutral position or the valve itself is having trouble. I have to "tap" the pedal in the opposite direction of travel to stop powered movement and that often results in a FAST and HARD stop as the tires lock and attempt to change directions.

I don't know a damned thing about HSTs except that there is no shifter lever to change gears with :( and it's not good for field work.

This model uses a two range HST and the results are the same in H or L, Forward and Reverse. If I knew something about how the valves were constructed or what could cause this type of situation, I could fix it (as a certified diesel mechanic with 25 yrs experience).

/ Kubota B2410 transmission problem #2  
What type of hydraulic fluid are you using and who's filters?

/ Kubota B2410 transmission problem #3  
I don't know the 2410, but....

Does this happen at full engine RPM? Does the hyd fluid look milky
from either water contamination or air entrainment? Does the
problem go away when warmed up?

Finally, there is a shock absorber mechanism on your HST control
linkage...could that be binding? The linkages may look fine, but
there could still be a hang-up.

/ Kubota B2410 transmission problem
All good questions, thanks..

- Kubota UTD and filters
- All engine speeds and temperatures, no worse cold, warm or hot (frequency stays the same, as does sevarity)
- Fluid has been checked and rechecked, never looks aerated or milky even after hard use.
- As for the shock: I did not know it had one, but now that you mention it when I have been frusterated and "stomped" the pedal a couple times in "N" it seems to help some, at least for a while. Definately something to look at, THANKS!

/ Kubota B2410 transmission problem #5  
Yes. I'd check that damper.

The full parts manual is here.. Kubotabooks.com

Attachments

• Pages from B2410HSD-2.pdf
    54.7 KB · Views: 600
   / Kubota B2410 transmission problem
Thanks a TON!