Kubota B26 - Front Loader Lifting Capacity

/ Kubota B26 - Front Loader Lifting Capacity #1  

SpaceRage

Tractor
Kubota B26
Hey Folks :)

I'm looking into buying some heavy milling machinery delivered on pallets (heaviest item is 1.3 tonnes)

What is the realistic lifting capacity of the B26 front loader with pallet forks attached as beneath:

pallet forks.jpg

The manual has beneath data saying over 1 tonne at the pivot pin.

B26 Lifting Capacity.jpg

B26 seems to be pretty over engineered as far as I can tell - Do you think the B26 would manage the 1.3 tonnes from ground height on a pallet, just to move the pallet around while about 100mm off the ground, anybody else tried this?

:)

/ Kubota B26 - Front Loader Lifting Capacity #2  
NO.

How many pounds in an Oz tonne? 2,000?

Pallet load on forks will be well forward of 500mm from the pivot pin. Probably 1,700mm with SSQA.

Weight of pallets forks and pallet have to be included as part of load ~~ +300 pounds.

You can probably drag the loaded pallet from rear/center drawbar a short distance over a hard surface with nylon straps low around the pallet and machinery to distribute the pulling force, before the pallet disintegrates.
Impossible to pull a heavy pallet over dirt.

I faced the same situation last week with two pallets of bagged asphalt.
My L3560 with LA805 has a nominal lift capacity of 1,775 pounds.

Can you have the shipper pack on two pallets, instead of one pallet, for a surcharge?

Will the shipper pack on poly castored pallets for a surcharge?
Should be a routine request for machinery.

I do not know the weight of the B26 Backhoe but I speculate around 700 pounds.

On short wheelbase B26 T-L-B I guesstimate from experience you would need 1,700 pounds total rear counterbalance to lift 2,600 pounds.

Last edited:
   / Kubota B26 - Front Loader Lifting Capacity #3  
I would say no to that for all of Jeff's reasons!

/ Kubota B26 - Front Loader Lifting Capacity #5  
Same problem...other end.

/ Kubota B26 - Front Loader Lifting Capacity #6  
Using tractors for man lifts or cranes is dangerous. Have I done it, yes. Do I know better, yes.
My B26 is stout, powerful and always amazed on what it can get done. Scary strong for it’s size. Crane work has its’ own hazards associated not engineered for tractors.

/ Kubota B26 - Front Loader Lifting Capacity #7  
Had a 26ft bobtail arrive one day with a 7K 2 post lift all bundled together. It was the last delivery and the truck driver was using a hand pallet truck to maneuver the bundled package to the lift gate. Well, he couldn't maneuver the bundle to the lift gate. He was able to get it just a couple feet short of the lift gate, at an angle - the lift posts were 10ft long. Said he would have to RTB and come out with bigger truck. The shipping weight was 1650lbs, so after some rough calculations I told the driver I'd give it a shot with my B26/pallet fork attachment. With about 300lbs of pallet forks, figured I was right at the 2K threshold, plus the load was about 5ft high (in the truck). I was unable to clean lift the load, so I curled the forks to get it in the air, then pulled it away from the truck. Amazing tractor. I believe the ratings are very conservative.

Attachments

• arrive2.jpg
    arrive2.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 162
  • prepaint_mounted_r.jpg
    prepaint_mounted_r.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 163
   / Kubota B26 - Front Loader Lifting Capacity #8  
"B26 seems to be pretty over engineered as far as I can tell - Do you think the B26 would manage the 1.3 tonnes from ground height on a pallet, just to move the pallet around while about 100mm off the ground, anybody else tried this?"

The machine is capable of more than the listed weight but the question remains when you state 1.3 tonnes - Google says that's 2886 pounds - too much for the B26.

And this sounds like a milling machine - likely not inexpensive.