Kubota B2650 and B 3350 compact tractors with cab

/ Kubota B2650 and B 3350 compact tractors with cab #1  

check 6

Gold Member
Tractor
L 3560, 008-3 excavator ZD 1211 mower
I have started to look at both these tractors as a possible upgrade/ replacement for my B2920 and ZD mower. My main reason is twofold, the heat in South Texas and the dust (its dry here send rain). My B 2920 does everything I ask of it so its not a matter of having the wrong tractor, just would like some insulation from the heat and dust. Would like to hear from folks that have either the 2650 or 3350 as to performance etc. Not wild about the new emission apparatus on the new tractors but that is life. I would get a belly mower with the tractor. The only downside that I need a work around for would be that I use a 50 gal sprayer and much of my spraying is with the hand held high pressure hose and nozzle but I think I have fix for that. Other implements I now have and will continue with are front loader with quick disconnect and ballot fork option and commercial grade lawn airator / plugger.

OK have at me. fifty years ago I lived without A/C in the house and now we want it everywhere ... but then at over 70 I like my comfort

/ Kubota B2650 and B 3350 compact tractors with cab
Thought that by now someone would have some "words of wisdom" to impart on me

/ Kubota B2650 and B 3350 compact tractors with cab #3  
I traded in my zero turn mower for the exact issues you are having. It is great not to fight the dust, insects and heat. I can cut about 90% of my property with the B2650, there will always be some areas to be hand cut and trimmed. The only issue I have is the hydro noise, it is very loud especially when using the cruise control. I would advise you to test drive and check the sound level. The B2650 does not have the emission controls, they are on the B3350. I have a 5' rear finish mower that works great, don't have any knowledge of the belly mower.

I traded in my zero turn mower for the exact issues you are having. It is great not to fight the dust, insects and heat. I can cut about 90% of my property with the B2650, there will always be some areas to be hand cut and trimmed. The only issue I have is the hydro noise, it is very loud especially when using the cruise control. I would advise you to test drive and check the sound level. The B2650 does not have the emission controls, they are on the B3350. I have a 5' rear finish mower that works great, don't have any knowledge of the belly mower.

I was focused on the B 2650 until my dealer mentioned that there was a rebate on the B3350 that put the pricing very close to that of the B2650 so I guess I will put up with the extra emission devices after all one can never have too much power. Now i just have to figure a work around for using the hose and high pressure nozzle on my sprayer. I just may rig a dolly and pull it behind the golf car instead of mounting it on the rear three point. Innovation will always discover a better method. Thanks for the comment

/ Kubota B2650 and B 3350 compact tractors with cab #5  
I would thoroughly research emission control problems on the B3350 tractors. This may be a resolved issue, but they had significant problems. Even if Kubota has fixed the B3350 series, not having emission controls would be a big plus imho.
When I was tractor shopping I found a lot of 3350's for sale used with <200 hours. I ended up with a L4060 for commercial snow plowing and cutting 6 acres.

I would thoroughly research emission control problems on the B3350 tractors. This may be a resolved issue, but they had significant problems. Even if Kubota has fixed the B3350 series, not having emission controls would be a big plus imho.
When I was tractor shopping I found a lot of 3350's for sale used with <200 hours. I ended up with a L4060 for commercial snow plowing and cutting 6 acres.

Thanks, I will ask questions. Perhaps this is the reason they have such a substantial rebate on them right now

RJCorazza

Thank you again for your comments. I have done some reading and there did seem to be an issue with the B3350 and its emission system, but most of the reported problems were in 2015.... it may have been resolved I have sent a note to my dealer asking the question. The one question that lingers is will, in normal use notice a power lack with a B2650 with cab over my, to be traded in, B2920 ROPS tractor. The smaller engine is obvious but the larger hydraulics on the B2650 would seem to be better for most tasks with the B2650.. Wonder how much of a draw on the 2650 engine there is with the A/c running . Did I mention it is hot here in Texas and I will be back in the sun moving dirt today with the 2920

/ Kubota B2650 and B 3350 compact tractors with cab #8  
Only 7 hours on the B2650hstc so far, but it has handled...
72 inch MMM with no issues,
Woodmaxx 86h chipper on oak branches of 5 inches
Titan pallet bucket to lift and carry a 25 foot oak log 10-15 inches in diameter.
Still to come are 3 pt slitter/plug aerator and 40 gal Fimco sprayer.

The cab is as good as advertised, ac blows cold! No dust. Hydro whine? Sure it's there, so put on the headset muffs or put in the ear plugs. Better yet, get a Bluetooth radio paired with a blue tooth phone and a set of wireless noise cancelling headphones.

I've been used to a bx2200 for many years. Seldom ran out of hp, rather traction and FEL lift/height. So I opted to go with the reliable, 3 cylinder diesel instead of the 4 cylinder B3350 but still have the increased hydraulic lifting power.

/ Kubota B2650 and B 3350 compact tractors with cab #9  
Good luck in sorting all this out! I don't know what, if any, of this applies to your choices, but I have read that sometimes the Kubota engines that are rated at lower HP are basically the same engines as those rated higher, just set up to run at lower RPMs- compare displacements. Torque is what makes the world go round, and they have their fair share of that, so all in all, they will do the job, albeit slightly slower. Rear finish mowers get a good rep here- don't rule one out.

I too am over 70, and heat and dust just aren't the fun they once were.

Thanks to all that provided a response, I have made a decision and received a very fair deal. I'm getting a B 2650 cab tractor with a 60" middle mower. Options on the tractor include rear work light, radio and FEL with quick disconnect 54" bucket and pallet forks. I had the same FEL set up on my B2920 that I am trading in. Lots off uses for the pallet forks. I'm removing my back up camera from my 2920 and will mount in on the new tractor as well as a 2 meter Ham radio. The dealer will instal a 12 volt pigtail at the rear and a switch Ignition controlled as that will allow power for my sprayer. As with my previous tractor the 2650 will have turf tires. Today will be the sixth day in a row working on the sprinkler system on our subdivision grass runway and I can't wait for that air conditioned cab of the new tractor. Heat indexes this week have been right at 107

While I'm losing 3 hp by going from the B 2920 to the B 2650 the hydraulic pump is twice the size and flow so I will have increased lifting power a real plus. I'm keeping my faithful ten year old Kubota ZD 1800 zero turn mower for the tight areas of the yard and may put a top on it with a fan which the local dealer is now offering to keep the sun and some dust off me. So Christmas is coming early for this old man. I'll post pictures when I get it.