Kubota B2650 and B3350 info and hints

/ Kubota B2650 and B3350 info and hints
Okay, one thing at a time . . . first determine if it has the last software update (that I'm aware of). When you get in and start up the tractor, and without pushing the far right regen button, will the tractor regen automatically during operation at over 2000 rpm? If it does so, then it has the late '15 update. Tractors made before then, and without the update, will *not* auto regen unless you push the button which turns the button light on - the default on those early tractors was to not auto-regen unless you manually enable by pushing the button, turning the button light on, after starting. Unfortunately, for us early adopters, they didn't breath a work of this change after doing the software update. And at least for me, that sure confused things until we sorted it out, m tractor was saying, "**** no, we won't go!". The asterisks denote the hot place that got censored.

The '15 update defaults to auto-regen enabled - you would only push the button if you don't want a regen, say if using the tractor for a few minutes. Note in all cases, except for parked regen, the tractor won't start the regen during operation unless it's operated at or above 2000 rpm (I'm pretty sure). Also, I know of no way for the user to force a parked regen, you can only allow it when it's calling for that. It calls for it only when you have, due to button press or operating conditions, not allowed it to auto regen.

Comments?

/ Kubota B2650 and B3350 info and hints #282  
How can I tell it is regening? No lights on the dash come on for regen...ever. Only once ever in 66 hours of using it has the yellow regen light came on and I just kept it running until it went off. It did this at about 20 hours of runtime. I have never pushed the far left button until yesterday. It turns on when I push it and off when I do it again. I tried to do a parked regen (in neutral, parking brake on, idle low, no PTO use) and I pushed the button but it did not light or do anything. I could not force a regen, just like you said.

The good news is it started right up and ran fine. It does stumble for a few seconds on start-up every time and its plenty warm here (80's) so I am not sure what causes the issue. Unless you have a better idea, I am going to run it with the regen inhibit on (button pushed) until it forces a regen and lets me used the park regen method just to make sure it will do it. I assume that if I run it for some time with the inhibit it will accelerate the need for a parked regen and that would also test all the sensors and lights for me. I have about 30 fence posts to sink this weekend, so she will get a lot of hours.

Side note: I need to do the 50 hour maintenance and I despise my dealer. What are the best options for filters (or a kit would be nice) via the internet? Amazon maybe?

Thanks for the help.

Randy

Randy,

Mine will auto regen about every 13 to 15 hours or so. Lights come on. If your lights don't come on, something's wrong. Your plan to do a parked regen should work. When it asks, park, in neutral, throttle all the way at idle. It will control the throttle.

An auto regen, taking place on it's own, is evidenced by the lights (when properly working) and by the sound, smell and heat of the engine if one is outside with engine running over 2000 rpm.

I purchased my filters and such from Messicks, on line, but Messicks shipping charges are high. Colemand equipment has better prices all up.

Coleman Equipment - Case, Kubota, Toro Dingo - Sales, Rental, Parts & Service

You may have to call them, unless you have the part numbers, as their "look-up" side bar doesn't have the B3350 XX listed. I sent them a msg asking about it, so maybe they fixed it by now.

bumper

/ Kubota B2650 and B3350 info and hints #284  
Thanks. Yeah, my lights have only come on one time in 66 hours of running so something is wrong. I guess I will have to take it in. sigh.

I checked the Coleman site and they did not fix the model parts. I'll give them a call.

Thanks for your help,
Randy

I installed a powerlet (BMW bosch style) female 12 VDC jack at the rear of my B3350. It's used to power the solenoid valve for the hydraulic thumb on the backhoe as well as a solenoid flow valve to control a spray boom. Finally got around to putting a male plug on the battery tender so I can plug in to charge if needed. That's when I found out that Kubota switched to polarity on the Aux DC plug at the left rear corner of the cab. The solenoid valves didn't care if polarity was reversed, and I never checked.

Switching the female spade connectors in the plug would be the easiest approach, but Kubota didn't make that easy! Here's how to do it:

In the plastic jack body, there is a plastic "nub" that prevents the spade lug from backing out. The nub does not retract out of the way easily. On the "open" side of the female spade lug, insert a small flat blade screwdriver alongside the wire. Keep the driver centered and work it past the plastic "nub" so it pushes the nub out of the way. The wire will be too tight to remove with the screwdriver by pulling on the wire and driver.

Use a channel lock pliers and a suitable small machine screw or similar. Insert the small end of the screw into the plug and butt it against the female terminal being removed. Using the Channel lock pliers, place one jaw on the wire/screwdriver end of the plug housing and the other pliers jaw on the head end of the small screw. Squeeze the pliers to push the spade out a bit (it'll hit the other jaw of the pliers but that's ok. Now you can grasp the wire and screwdriver and pull them out together.

If you have not installed an inline switch for the aux jack, you'll probably want to remove the fuse to this jack before playing with it, lest you short out terminala with much spitzen sparkin' und popin' dem fusinverks.