Kubota B2650

/ Kubota B2650 #1  

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
Like to hear your pros and cons on B2650 with front loader rear tire chains and loaded tires.
Tractor use will be light dirt work and some snow removal.

Thanks.

/ Kubota B2650 #2  
Like to hear your pros and cons on B2650 with front loader rear tire chains and loaded tires.
Tractor use will be light dirt work and some snow removal.

Thanks.

The B2650 is one of Kubota's most popular models and is highly regarded.

The most common complaint is lack of power by some who simply expect too much.

Be advised that the 2650 is being replaced by the new 2610 as we speak. The 2610 has been announced and will likely show up at dealers in early summer. New features include an optional "swift-tach" FEL with single lever hydraulic manifold allowing attachment/detachment of the FEL without leaving the tractor seat, an optional mechanical self leveling FEL package, R-14T tires, and a cost reduced SU model. The 2610 remains very similar to the 2650 in other regards.

SDT

/ Kubota B2650 #3  
I've a JD 2 series one for 9 years and now this one for near 5, with loaded tires. Our driveway is near flat, slight rise in the middle. Have moved snow, one winter LOTS of snow, with turf and now industrial tires. Turf were the best but not tough enough to not have leakage or knock-off-rim problems. If you have a slope to deal with, you'll need chains in snow. Had to have chains for pushing snow on my Gravely with turfs. Industrials don't have hardly any turning force. You'll need your turning brakes on the B in the snow if you have them, a little bit with turfs. Have no idea if chains would help the fronts in turning.

Moved 22 tons of gravel to put on my tractor paths with the 2 series with turfs. This was when it was new. The turf problems showed up later.

The chains will help with the dirt work if it gets wet. Otherwise, industrials grip good. Ags would probably shed wet dirt/mud better than either turfs or industrials. Be a pain to deal with the lumpy ride and putting on/off the chains.

Ralph

/ Kubota B2650 #4  
I don't use chains and my turf tires aren't loaded. I am happy with my 2650. The only issue that causes heartburn is the mounting of the controls for the remotes. It looks ugly and it is begging to catch branches in the woods. Get the telescoping arms as these aren't standard on the non cab model. With turf tires, my 2650 clears my 8' door by one inch. The loader is strong in comparison to the tractor weight so be sure to have a counterbalance on the back even with loaded tires. Good luck with your search.

/ Kubota B2650
Thanks for the info so far gentlemen. :thumbsup:

/ Kubota B2650
The B2650 is one of Kubota's most popular models and is highly regarded.

The most common complaint is lack of power by some who simply expect too much.

Be advised that the 2650 is being replaced by the new 2610 as we speak. The 2610 has been announced and will likely show up at dealers in early summer. New features include an optional "swift-tach" FEL with single lever hydraulic manifold allowing attachment/detachment of the FEL without leaving the tractor seat, an optional mechanical self leveling FEL package, R-14T tires, and a cost reduced SU model. The 2610 remains very similar to the 2650 in other regards.

SDT

Try to find specs on B2610 no luck :( but they offer B2601 instead which already out for purchase,guessing B2601 not replacing B2650? :confused3:

Thanks for heads up. :thumbsup:

/ Kubota B2650 #7  
Thanks for the info so far gentlemen. :thumbsup:

I have lots of experience with chains but failed to address this issue above.

I've plowed snow with my 1993 B1750 HSDT and rear blade for decades. Most of the areas that I plow are asphalt and I have steep hills.

Using a back blade, I must use chains to plow just about any amount of snow uphill. I can plow 4-6" or so going downhill and about 3" on level ground. My 1750 has the rarely seen Z-Bar rear tires (neither R-1s not R-4s). These are the best tires that I have found for snow (even better than turfs) and are less damaging than R-1s or R-4s to grass. These tires are still available but in limited sizes. The B1750 has no loader, I use no ballast, but do use both F & R, 2-link ladder style chains. The front chains help steering considerably.

Recently, I bought a B3350 with FEL, FEL mounted hydraulically angled blade, and R-4 tires. I never specify liquid ballast because I repair/change my own tires but the dealer added Rim Guard by mistake and I did not require them to swap out the rims tires for another set (but did not pay for the Rim Guard). As a result, the B3350 is the only tractor that I own with liquid ballast.

Owing to my experience with the B1750 and rear blade, I bought F & R, 2-link ladder chains for the B3350 and installed them before the first snow last year. I use a hard rubber cutting edge on the front blade to prevent damage to the asphalt. Because the rubber cutting edge clears the level asphalt so well, there is little snow on the surface where the wheels contact so chains are not necessary, indeed counterproductive. I removed them after a brief attempt plowing the first snowfall. I do use a Kubota ballast box filled with bagged playground sand. The added weight of the Rim Guard helps but is not necessary. Chains would help and might be necessary with R-4s on crushed stone.

The new R-14T tires were not available when I bought my B3350 but now are. I would suggest you investigate these for your 2650.

SDT

/ Kubota B2650 #8  
Try to find specs on B2610 no luck :( but they offer B2601 instead which already out for purchase,guessing B2601 not replacing B2650? :confused3:

Thanks for heads up. :thumbsup:

Kubota announced the 2610 at the Louisville, KY show last week, where I saw it. Announcement is on the Kubota website but specs are not at this time. I picked up a 2020 Kubota Full Line catalogue at the show, which has basic specs. I also have a 2 page brochure from the dealers meeting last fall.

As previously, mentioned, specs have not changed from the B2650, but additional optional features are offered.

The 2610 is replacing the 2650, not the 2601.

SDT

/ Kubota B2650 #9  
It might help the conversation to clarify 2610 is not another B series as in B2610, but has a new prefix LX. The replacement for the B2560/B3350 will become LX2610 and LX3310.

I'm guessing this is a marketing ploy to help distance the replacement from the stigma associated with the B3350. On the other side of this, I think it makes the L-series even more complicated.. LX, L and Grand L. It's a far stretch in my opinion to think of the LX as a L sized tractor.