Kubota B2782B Blower pushing snow

/ Kubota B2782B Blower pushing snow #1  

JME81

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota LX2610HSDC
I have the Kubota LX 2610 Cab with the B2782B front mounted blower. This is my 2nd winter season with this tractor and snowblower.

We had our first storm of the year today; while cleaning out the driveway, I noticed that I was pushing more snow than throwing it. It was throwing snow but more pushing. The auger and impeller are moving. The snow is not sticky. I performed all maintenance other than checking the chain deflection which I will tonight.

I posted a video for you to see what's going on.

Any suggestions?

/ Kubota B2782B Blower pushing snow #2  
There isn’t anything wrong with your blower,…the snow is heavier than you think. My blower does the same thing when it snows in the 32 degree temperature range. Your augers are spinning the right way and offset correctly. You can see the snow is sticky by the way it doesn’t let go from the tree branches in the background.

/ Kubota B2782B Blower pushing snow #3  
I agree that looks normal for the conditions.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Kubota B2782B Blower pushing snow
I'm glad that there's nothing wrong- I just don't remember if I had this issue last year. Is there anything I can do to improve this?

The temperature wasn't cold, it was 32/33F.

/ Kubota B2782B Blower pushing snow #5  
Take a smaller bite. You were doing better in the video when the bite was 50%.

/ Kubota B2782B Blower pushing snow #6  
I'm glad that there's nothing wrong- I just don't remember if I had this issue last year. Is there anything I can do to improve this?

The temperature wasn't cold, it was 32/33F.
Take a smaller bite or go slower and let it kick it all out.

/ Kubota B2782B Blower pushing snow #7  
try lifting up a little. it may cut better into the pile if it isn't pushing the pile along on the driveway.

/ Kubota B2782B Blower pushing snow #8  
Just echoing the others above……that is normal. I just leave the little piles there and, as they build up, just push them back a little further or blow them away.

The ground is still warm (I’m in the north east), so for a little while, any significant snow we get will basically have a layer of slush as its base.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Kubota B2782B Blower pushing snow #9  
Set the rpms to 3K, and actually try moving along quicker, to see if you can force the soft snow into the impellers, which will direct it to the second stage, and blow it out thru the shoot. If it is to much for the engine, you will hear and feel it bog, so you will have to go a bit slower, until you get to the sweet spot. Make sure you keep the rpms up at 3K, or higher.

/ Kubota B2782B Blower pushing snow #10  
^^^ This! Bleeding Orange is right. I have that exact setup and it comes down to a “Feeds & Speeds” issue. in some cases its actually better to go FASTER to feed the 2nd stage Fan.

i have also used my blower as a plow on really heavy slushy stuff by NOT engaging the blower drive.

i have a 500’ driveway and this is THE perfect tool for the job!!

Cheers,
BN