Kubota B2910 vs. Case DX29

/ Kubota B2910 vs. Case DX29 #1  

fivazpond

Tractor
John Deere 585x
I was very close to purchasing a B2910 Kubota today, until I looked at a Case DX29. I currently own a x585 John Deere which is a bit more 'consumer' appointed, compared to the Kubota- the Case seems to be similarly appointed and 'finished off' compared to the Kubota. However, before I make a decision based on looks & finish, I wanted to post this request for an opinion on whether I am giving up anything-- going with a Case vs a Kubota. A penny for your thoughts-- you are all better at this than me!

/ Kubota B2910 vs. Case DX29 #2  
I have a B2910 and can pretty much say outright it is NOT in the same class as the Case DX29 (which is a clone of the New Holland TC29).

Don't misunderstand, the B2910 is a great tractor but while the two tractors have similar engine and PTO hp, the similarities end at that point. The DX29 is a stronger heavier tractor. The Kubota will sound smoother, their engines are known for being very smooth sounding. But I also have a New Holland TC24 and I don't find it lacking. Also, go to the PHOTOS section and look in my photo gallery and take a look at the pictures of the TC24 versus the B2910 loaders. It is amazing how much more visibility you get with the NH/Case loaders and the curved hoods.

The B2910 is a great machine. But if you have heavier work, the DX29 will out work the B2910. The DX has about 20% more lift capacity on the FEL and over 1000# more breakout strenght on the FEL than the B2910. My 24hp TC24, which is the equivalent of the DX24, has a loader that is statistically the same as the larger B2910.

As for snowblowing, both the B2910 and the DX29 will accept 3pt or front mount blowers. I believe both will also accept up to 72" mid-mount mowers.

/ Kubota B2910 vs. Case DX29
Thank you for the great comparison- very helpful. But, now I am wondering if the Case 24hp would fit my needs. I live in Upstate NY snowbelt w/ lots of snow to plow- 1/4 mile driveway, also hauling wood brush from woods, some heavy mowing, and needs to move large rocks/ mulch/ gravel. My X585 J Deere is barely ample for the above tasks- it is a 24hp gas engine, but is on smaller chassis w/ small wheels. Do you think I would see a vast difference in power with the Case 24 or should I stay with the 29? I also like the 63" snowblower offered on either the 24 or 29- much larger than my 42" J Deere model. Any comments?

/ Kubota B2910 vs. Case DX29 #4  
Based on what your telling me you need I would stay with a class ll frame tractor. I don't know much about Kubota so I can only go along with what Bob says. My personal opinion is you need a heavier tractor. The New Holland 24 will do what you want but will take a bit longer than the 29 due to horsepower and size. I think the Case DX29 would be great for your needs. I have the 29 and I feel so much more comfortable with it over the TC21D I had as far as stability. If you have heavy loader work the class ll again would perform so much better for you. The other thinkg you can do is get an price for an upgrade to the 33. Some dealers don't even handle the 29 anymore but just give good prices on the 33.

Just a thought.

murph

/ Kubota B2910 vs. Case DX29 #5  
I can tell you that I find very little actual difference between the actual work performed by the TC24 and the B2910. The REAL difference is in the PTO powered category, if you need to run larger PTO powered implements then the B2910 or DX29 is a better choice than the DX24.

I run at rear mount 60" snow blower and the TC24 has no problems with that, but I admit that I have not faced a blizzard with it yet. The 63" front blower was double the price and my drive is short enough that I could not justify the added cost, despite the added convenience it provides.

The DX24 will run a 60" mid mount mower and the mower deck is built like a tank, very high quality. I switched to a MMM this summer after using RFM for many years, and I am very happy with the results of the MMM.

Based on your tasks, I think the DX24 would be MUCH better than the X585. The DX24 will be a better FEL machine than the B2910 because while the loaders are equal, the DX24 turns tighter and has substantially better visibility. The DX29 is much stronger in the loader department than either the B2910 or the DX24, it would likely be the best for plowing and pulling a box blade because it would weigh the most of the 3.

The DX29 and the B2910 would likely be about equal in heavy mowing because both have similar PTO hp. The DX24 will do heavy mowing, but it will use a smaller mower deck that either the B2910 or the DX29.

How much are you actually mowing? Is that area open field or are you mowing around obsticals? Your profile has you with 10 acres, so I'd say you could easily use a 30 hp machine, but you could also use the 24hp machine. You may find the 24 a bit cramped compared to the 30 hp tractors. See what fits you best. None of the 3 will be a bad choice.

IF it was MY money, I would go for the DX29 or DX33 if the cost was similar.

/ Kubota B2910 vs. Case DX29
Thank you for the comparison. I agree with your suggestion & will stay with the 29-- 33 is a bit too much I think.

/ Kubota B2910 vs. Case DX29 #7  
By the way, the 33 is the same physical size as the 29. Just a bit bigger engine. No need to pay for more than you need. But nice to have the extra power if the price is right.

I have the TC24 because it is the most power in that size tractor I could find. I would never even consider the 21 hp tractors that are build on the same frame size because the minimal added cost to go up in HP provides me with the flexibility to use larger implements IF the need ever arrises and gives me a bit of extra power when the grass gets too thick. I think there are some really good 21 hp machines, but I'd never buy one. The logic I use is why I would go for the DX33 if the cost was very similar to the DX29, and from what I have seen posted, the prices are usually only a few hundred dollars apart. But then again, I am spending your money here. So realistically you need to figure your budget.

/ Kubota B2910 vs. Case DX29 #8  
What is the price difference bet. b2910 and the DX29? i am not familiar with the DX but i am sure BOB knows what he is talking about. If price is close i would go with the dx, it sounds like a great tractor and you can always use more loader power.

/ Kubota B2910 vs. Case DX29 #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What is the price difference bet. b2910 and the DX29? i am not familiar with the DX but i am sure BOB knows what he is talking about. If price is close i would go with the dx, it sounds like a great tractor and you can always use more loader power. )</font>

Frank,

The DX29 is Case's sister to the New Holland TC29DA. Just a color difference and head light reconfiguration. The Case does not give you Super-Steer option like the New Holland does. I don't think this poster would want the Super-Steer option anyway based on what he is going to do.

murph

/ Kubota B2910 vs. Case DX29 #10  
Don't know about the pricing on the Case equipment but in my area a TC29D was approx. $1500 more than a B2910.

Dave