Kubota b3030 flat tire help

/ Kubota b3030 flat tire help #1  

kshunter

Bronze Member
Tractor
john deere 2040 kubota b3030
Ok so my dad let some idiots borrow our tractor for a few days to get some work done while i was gone, and now one of the tires is flat (not sure which one yet). Im going to check it out tomorrow, but not sure what i should do. Can you fill them with that green goo stuff? Or will i have to buy a whole new tire? thanks

/ Kubota b3030 flat tire help #2  
First thing you will have to do is to figure out where it is leaking from. No way to give you any advice on needing to buy a new tire until you have seen it. It may have a hole too large to plug/patch, a hole in the side wall, leaking from the valve stem, leaking from a bent rim, etc.

To answer one of your questions, yes, you can fill them with that green goo stuff (Slime) if your tires are not loaded with liquid ballast. Many of us BX owners have Slime in our front tires because one of the pair seem to always leak.

/ Kubota b3030 flat tire help #3  
Fill the tire with air, if it won't fill then you'll have to get the tire mounted. If it is just flat simply add air.

Then with a small spray bottle (old windex bottle or such) put a tablespoon of dish soap and fill half way with water. Swish it around. Spray the filled tire with the bottle. The tire will bubble where it is leaking. As stated above if the leak is on the side wall it's not recommended to fix.

If the leak is in the tread you can simply get a plug kit. Very very easy to do yourself. This kit it approx $8 and will take about 4 minutes to fix. After you plug it, then you can add some green slime as an extra precaution.

If you have a rim leak it could simply have dirt on the wheel preventing the seal you need. At this point you should have the dealer remount the rim to see if they can take care of it by cleaning the rim and resealing. If the rim is bent, well looks like a rim is in the future.

Also you can get a tube to put inside your tire. A little more work involved there, but it's doable as a DIY project.

It's all pretty easy just ask guys on here or YouTube videos.

/ Kubota b3030 flat tire help
Ok thanks guys, im goin iut.to check it out this morning

/ Kubota b3030 flat tire help #5  
It may not have a hole in it at all. They may have just caught a branch or something on the valve stem and bent it over which usually dosn't actually damage anything just lets the air out. Happens alot in the woods.

/ Kubota b3030 flat tire help #6  
Did they bring the tractor back with a flat tire or did it go flat after it was brought back? If it was brought back flat maybe they should be responsible for getting it fixed.

Not sure yet, my dads gona talk to him. parts of the tires off the rim, so were just.gona have a kubota dealer come fix it now

/ Kubota b3030 flat tire help #8  
You break it you buy it. You should send them the bill.

Yep, I totally agree.