3-Point Hitch Kubota B3300SU + Zerco Check Chains + King Kutter Rotary Cutter

/ Kubota B3300SU + Zerco Check Chains + King Kutter Rotary Cutter #11  
The Kubota B3300SU ( 33-hp / 1,800 pounds ) does not have POSITION CONTROL for the 3-Pt. hitch. Instead the B3300SU has 1/4"ing adjustment of the 3-Pt hitch, which is useful in its own way, but is NOT position control.

When using a rotary cutter ("Bush Hog") you wish the mower deck to return to the same height, exactly, after raising the mower or upsetting its position by bouncing over uneven ground. Height adjustment is critical on a rotary cutter where you want the revolving blade to cut in the arc near to the tractor and revolve freely as it passes through the arc at the rear of the tractor. For this reason you want the FRONT of the mower deck 1/2 to 1" LOWER than the mower deck at the REAR. When I mow that usually means 1-1/2" at the front, the grass cut height, and 2 or 2-1/2" at the rear.

On tractors without position control, such as the B3300SU, position control is accomplished with CHECK CHAINS. This post is an attempt to suggest check chains and make rigging mower-deck check chains simple.

Photo #1 + #2 Zerco Check Chains I purchased mine from Steven's Tractor in Louisanna; fairly close to Florida. Agri Supply in Virginia also sells Zercos. $30 + shipping.

Photo #3 Directions Zerco suggests two grab-link adjusting brackets should go on cross pin holding inboard end of top link. On the B3300SU there are two cross pins and not much room. Attached to one cross pin adjusting brackets are an awkward fit and the chains lie at too shallow an angle. I needed a higher grab-link bracket position.

Photo #4 View 48" KK Rotary Kutter in raised/transport position. Check chains slack.

Photo #5 Closeup of Check Chains Adjusting brackets mounted to pivot bolts for ROPS; required 1/2" longer replacement bolts. Brackets stay on the tractor.

Note lighter chain extension attached with one clevis on each side. This is to give finer height adjustment. Chain "Quick Links" would not be strong enough splice in this application.

(( Note aftermarket pin adjustable stabilizers by STABILWORKS have replaced Kubota turnbuckles. ))

Photo #6 Closeup of right Adjusting Bracket Extra chain dangling. Green cable tie marks link providing 1-1/2" cutting height.

Photo #7 Closeup of right Adjusting Bracket Extra chain secured.

Photo #8 + #9 Ready to mow/'hog - Ratchet Rake on the bucket.

Note: Kubota top link has been replaced by "Hydraulink" air over hydraulic top link. Hydraulink mechanism is excellent used with box blades. I am experimenting to see Hydraulink will be an improvement over King Kutter mechanical floating link. The Hydraulink provides shock absorption.

I hope this post assists others without position control for the 3-Pt. hitch.

LINKS:

Chain Limiter Kit

Kubota tractor stabilizers Kubota [url]www.stabilworks.com - YouTube[/url]
Very good information. This and the other post about chains is helpful. Thanks for posting.