Kubota B3350 Regen and stalling problems.

/ Kubota B3350 Regen and stalling problems. #1  

Jethro Bodine

Tractor
B3350 Junk Kubota
I own a 2018 Kubota B3350. It has 86hrs on it. It has had Regen problems since day one. It suppose to only go into Regen ever 20 or 30hrs depending on how it's being used. My tractor has gone into Regen a minimum of 20 times since I've owned it. I kept calling the dealer asking why it was going into Regen so often, they said just let it do its thing, so I have been. Two weeks ago my wife and I were using the tractor to haul 15 yards of dirt into our back yard. AGAIN it went into Regen, I parked it in the driveway and attempted to start the Regen. I could not get it to go into Regen try as I might for about 45 min. Next a red light started to flash on the dash and a short time later it started to beep. I shut it off and on Monday I called the dealer. They picked up my tractor and after checking it out said I hade a level 5 alarm on it and that the Regen filter needed to be replaced. They said the filter was $4000 and it was out of warranty. I stated there was only 86hrs on the tractor. Long story short they had a technician from Kubota look at it and run a check on it. They said they would cover the filter, but we had to pay $637 to get it installed. I looking for other B3350 owners who havetakin had similar problems. I blame my dealer who never told us about the issues with the Regen problems since 2014. Other dealers refused to show this model to anyone be because they knew all the problems it had. I also blame Kubota for not taking these lemons back from unsuspecting buyers. My wife and I now have a tractor with 86 hrs on it that I no longer have any faith in. The fact Kubota is offering to warranty the Regen until 2099, they don't mention that if they don't get the proper code when the dealer runs their test on it, your on the hook for the $4000 filter and the $600 to get it installed.

/ Kubota B3350 Regen and stalling problems. #2  
Somehow I picture a crying need for a massive cottage industry here. A couple of young "regen moonshiners" let's call them in each startup company. They specialize in gutting this excrement off our tractors permanently, removing all warnings and shutdowns and returning the tractor to the guy who thought he owned it in the first place as a functioning machine which might have good old normal mechanical problems, wear and tear, but without government inflicted wounds and diseases. I say there is a HUGE need for such an industry. Why is there no such rebellion !?

/ Kubota B3350 Regen and stalling problems. #3  
I am sure there are good grounds for a Class Action law suite here.

/ Kubota B3350 Regen and stalling problems. #4  
Research the 3350. Kubota had a ton of issues with it, and it turned into a real lemon. This issue has been known for years, and I was under the impression that the DPF was covered under an extended warranty. Either way, research. You aren't the only one, and this isn't a new story.

/ Kubota B3350 Regen and stalling problems. #5  
That machine should have been getting updates and fixes from the day it left the lot (or prior to sale). I looked hard at the B3350 in early 2016, and there were enough dpf problems being reported then that I avoided the whole debacle.
If you reported Regen issues to the Kubota dealer and they didn't take corrective actions, I would say that THEY ruined the dpf canister.

/ Kubota B3350 Regen and stalling problems.
That machine should have been getting updates and fixes from the day it left the lot (or prior to sale). I looked hard at the B3350 in early 2016, and there were enough dpf problems being reported then that I avoided the whole debacle.
If you reported Regen issues to the Kubota dealer and they didn't take corrective actions, I would say that THEY ruined the dpf canister.
You made a great decision to avoid it.

Somehow I picture a crying need for a massive cottage industry here. A couple of young "regen moonshiners" let's call them in each startup company. They specialize in gutting this excrement off our tractors permanently, removing all warnings and shutdowns and returning the tractor to the guy who thought he owned it in the first place as a functioning machine which might have good old normal mechanical problems, wear and tear, but without government inflicted wounds and diseases. I say there is a HUGE need for such an industry. Why is there no such rebellion !?

I could not agree more. Kubota just wants to pretend the problem never happened and mean while you and I and every other person who purchased a B3350 are stuck with shelling out money to try and keep these lemons running.

/ Kubota B3350 Regen and stalling problems. #10  
I am sure there are good grounds for a Class Action law suite here.
Not a chance.

Not enough money involved for attorneys due to too few 3350 owners.

SDT, who is a (retired) attorney (among other things) and knows how such things work.